Twin Turbo V/8 update

turbolou

Lou's Automotive 949-378-1590
Bob Lillegards TT V/8 Regal was dynoed today & made 900 RWHP @ 13 # boost & @ 27#maxed the dyno out at 1200H.P. & kept pulling. Its an older machine & only reads up to 1200 so I can guess that the motor is good for 16-1800 easily. I'm very pleased with the results & all the hard work is paying off. It's an awesome experience to see something with that much power want to rip itself right off the dyno. It's almost ready for the track.Bob still has to finish getting his licence. I intend to be watching it run from a nice safe distance.

very impressive Lou!

please let us know when your gonna run it, would love to watch and film it!
and........... more importantly, bs about afterword ! LOL

(not bad for an old fart)

Awesome Lou!
Thanks Shane, I remember years ago back in the early 70's when I got interested in turbo's. I was laughed off the race track with some of my first attempts using carburetor technology for its day. Was told turbos would never work in drag racing & what the hell was wrong with me.I now weep for those trying to make H.P. any other way.History will go down as Buick being an important pioneer in that field. Buddy Ingersoll was ahead of his time & the one I most admire. I wish that someday somebody would track down his car & enough of the original parts to rebuild it as a museum piece. Were it possible that's something I would love to take on & do.

Good #'s, Lou, I am sure that both you and Bob are going to be very proud of the car and your accomplishments on it.

Good #'s, Lou, I am sure that both you and Bob are going to be very proud of the car and your accomplishments on it.
Yeah Gary,Between Bob & Brent I have no time for the local bars or massage parlors & puts a real crimp on my leisure activities & my pursuit of so called semi retirement.

thats not what I heard...

last week Gary and I were out visiting ??? a few of your herd,
they told us you were planning to broaden your horizons, and expand your flock,:tongue: now we promised not to tell anyone, so please don't repeat this!! but for an old guy, you sure get around, (if you know what I mean!)
Gary will never admit it , but he's jealous, you get all the action, and gary gets all the empty bottles.:eek:
hmmmmmm come to think of it, I"M Jealous too !!! :redface:

last week Gary and I were out visiting ??? a few of your herd,
they told us you were planning to broaden your horizons, and expand your flock,:tongue: now we promised not to tell anyone, so please don't repeat this!! but for an old guy, you sure get around, (if you know what I mean!)
Gary will never admit it , but he's jealous, you get all the action, and gary gets all the empty bottles.:eek:
hmmmmmm come to think of it, I"M Jealous too !!! :redface:
Uh! could somebody please translate this for me.Cruz for the last time no drinking while posting.

V/8 update

Bob ran the car at the super chevy meet at fontana. He's trying to get used to the car & finally ran a 8.00 getting out of it at 3/4 track & coasting through at 150 mph.His 1/8th mile was a 5.06 @142 mph. It still has a safe tune & more in it. I would say a mid 7 sec. pass is possible. All the hard work is starting to pay off & after six passes & hard dyno pulls everything seems to be holding up well. We had our share of turbo & transmission reliability problems & that seems resolved. I don't think Bob will be bugging me for anymore H.P.for awhile.

Bob ran the car at the super chevy meet at fontana. He's trying to get used to the car & finally ran a 8.00 getting out of it at 3/4 track & coasting through at 150 mph.His 1/8th mile was a 5.06 @142 mph. It still has a safe tune & more in it. I would say a mid 7 sec. pass is possible. All the hard work is starting to pay off & after six passes & hard dyno pulls everything seems to be holding up well. We had our share of turbo & transmission reliability problems & that seems resolved. I don't think Bob will be bugging me for anymore H.P.for awhile.

Very nice, do you have motor and car pictures?

Very nice, do you have motor and car pictures?
I posted some pictures in the V/8 section back in OCT. the thread was named ( Lou Czarnota has been busy ) I don't know how else to transfer the pictures to this section.

Wow, that's as good as 4th of July fireworks to me, what a cool ride! and amazing motor!! It shoud/I hope be in Bowling Green in May for the G/S nationals, I would love to to see it!
TTV85.jpg

Congrats.

Very nice. What were 60ft, 330ft times? How was the track hooking?

Mike B.