Turbo Muffler Bearings

longball

I fought the lawn...
Doing some PM on my turbo mufflers and the bearings are shot. Anyone know where I
can get a decent set? Prefer the ones with the depleted plutonium centers.
For a 1987 GN.
Thanks.

Turbo Mufflers.jpg

Have to try an import shop, I'm sure they would have them, and some extra decals to make it even faster!

Make sure you get the ones made with plutonium 239 cause they have a half life of 24000 years , the Pu-233 is only good for 20 mins. , hate to see you have to change them after only one run !!!:D

Make sure you get the ones made with plutonium 239 cause they have a half life of 24000 years , the Pu-233 is only good for 20 mins. , hate to see you have to change them after only one run !!!:D

Thanks for the heads-up. There was a deal on the PU-233 Turbo Muffler Bearings that seemed too good to be true. Now I know why............Tanx again!

Last edited by a moderator:
TurboMufflerBearings2U.com

They sell a really slick, great looking set of Fleebish rods, too.

I'm told both install like spreading soft butter on warm bread...........

Good for at least 75 RWHP...........

At least that is what the dude on the other end of the phone line said. I ordered them up about 6 weeks ago....... they haven't arrived yet , but maybe tomorrow.............. :D

Last edited:
TurboTGuy - thanks for the link. Very helpful!
2QUIK6 - keep in mind - for the decals to make the car faster they are not put on the car body but directly
on the Turbo Muffler itself. I went from 10.70 125mph to 10.55 128mph with only change being the decals.
Times slips are posted over in the Timeslip/Track(?) forum.

[QUOTE="It is hard to beat these. They may not say 'Turbo' but trust me they are good for Turbo Mufflers. You see the bearing isn't on the turbo its on the muffler.;) http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?mai...2&products_id=48&zenid=F,s1Pa9ZVLwFFl6RMRa7L1[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link - and you are right - the bearing is for the muffler! Lots of folks new to Turbo Regals think it's a turbo bearing. But it does say -'turbo muffler bearing'.
Not turbo's bearing mufflers. Did I say that right? You know what I mean. Check the link above if you are unsure if it is a turbo bearing or muffler bearings - common mistake.
Even though I use the depleted plutonium center bearings I still use the stock bearings clearances when putting them in the muffler.

you guys joke, but some really old cars (like Model T old) actually had muffler bearings, and i think Toyota uses that term to describe a bracket that holds the mufflers on some of their cars...

[QUOTE="toofastforyou,]:rolleyes:…"Turbo muffler bearings"…:confused:…C'mon…what a ridiculous, useless thread!… Claude. (n)[/QUOTE]

And yet you couldn't help yourself from opening and reading it - even though the title is a giveaway! :confused: And then ya gotta :poop: on our
'unintelligent discussion'. Lighten up a bit Claude - it's just a little humor to help pass the winter :p

[QUOTE=""Longball" I didn't mean to upset you…Yes I was intrigued by reading the title and opened it but after reading a few posts, I couldn't help saying to myself "how ridiculous!"…But don't worry, it's not about you or any of the other members who replied I was commenting on but rather the topic itself…I have a pretty good sense of humour but this time, I just don't get it, sorry. :sour:Claude. ;)[/QUOTE]

No offense taken, Claude. Just a little fun. It is posted in the 'Lounge' not under any 'Tech' forums. Now if it was in Tech - I could see that nonsense scaring people away. I've been keeping abreast of the whole 'intelligent discussion'
thread and agree with much that has been said. On a more serious note - I know you have a lot of connections Claude - do YOU know where I can pick up some turbo muffler bearings with the depleted plutonium centers? :D

[QUOTE="What do you mean ???? Now we know the half life of 2 plutonium isotopes !!! (y)[/QUOTE]

yeah, now if I can locate some of the PU-239 bearings!. I was hoping Claude might know with his Canadian connections and all! ;)

WAIT!!!!! Don't fret, my neighbor has a set still in the original wrapper!! Originally purchased from : Vinny Boop Bots LLC, Inc. dba as Ur Only Source.com for the hard to get stuff.
He will accept PayPal if 23% is added for the fees and will ship within 3 business weeks to the international address of your choice at which based on your credit score the items will be left at the 3rd mailbox on your left facing southwest at 3 pm. This is to prevent any un-savory activity. (can't be too careful these days)
Please forward all personal info so as to assure you will be handled in the way you should expect!!