Turbo LS1 coming soon.

My opinion is you can't get any cooler than a 300 dollar long stock long block making 1000 hp at the crank and running 6.15. If I had unlimited funds I would do the TA aluminum block v6, and I did go 6.455 with the V6. Ask Cal Hartline I spent 8,000 with him for the built v6.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

any details on your headers, merge & hot side? i'm trying to see how it's setup but can't tell from the pics.

My opinion is you can't get any cooler than a 300 dollar long stock long block making 1000 hp at the crank and running 6.15. If I had unlimited funds I would do the TA aluminum block v6, and I did go 6.455 with the V6. Ask Cal Hartline I spent 8,000 with him for the built v6.

300 dollars or 8000 dollars. The LS option is sounding good to me. lol I'd like to see how far you go with it.

Did you do all the fab work yourself?

I put a 75 - 125 shot on it. I have not made a full pass on the nitrous yet. Keeps breaking loose.

Attachments

• 1402073934020.jpg
    1402073934020.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 369
So far a 6.09 @ almost 115 mph. The tune on the NOS is way too rich, so I expect to see some high 5's soon. Trying to inch the tune in because any slight detonation at this point and she's a gonner.

Got my new turbo in but unfortunatly I have to send it back bacause UPS tossed it around like a rag doll and broke it. The current turbo S475 is maxed out and the single NOS nozzle is jetted as high as it can go. I have leaned it out so it should be in the high 5's now but I have no confrimation since I have been racing in the no prep races and we dont get times slips. Maybe before I put the new turbo on I will make one more attempt to prove it can go high 5's in the 1/8 with a 75mm turbo. If not ,on to the new turbo and some weight loss plans and suspension mods.
I dont think the bottom end will survive what the new turbo is capable of supporting, but hoping to see some high 5's soon.

Subscribing here. I have a 4.8 Stock longblock on the stand right now. It has an LS9 cam, head gaskets, ARP bolts etc... I have a Midframed and billet wheel 7575 for it and an 80E and Holley ECU.

What boost do you have the car at for the Low 6 passes? What cam and what trans and converter if you don't mind me asking questions.

Most important question...What exhaust am I hearing? I'm so afraid the 4.8 won't sound good but yours sounds perfect.

I will be selling the compete setup around the first of march. Engine, headers, turbo, intake manifold. Sell whole.

why oh why!?!?!?! I guess you'll have a completely new engine with bigger turbo to go deep into the 5's?

Not sure 6.15 is 1000hp BUT regardless... Terry, you've done what MANY LS guys haven't done is to run this fast with very little. Kudos man.... hmmm..

It was a fun motor, but I would like to go a little faster so I can be competitive. I don't want to split up the motor parts. When it time to sell I will sell the motor complete.
4.8 long block
120 lb hr injectors
Edelbrock intake and throttle body
Headers with 2 tial 44mm waste gates
All accessories, water pump alternator, starter, coil packs. Ect
Turbo flex plate
Complete.
Things not included, intercooler or electronics.
Will give the timing table and A/F ratio targets to buyer.

It was fun and the best thing is it economical because if the motor pops, it's only gonna cost 300 - 500 for a new motor. That's hard to beat.
I'm thinking 5k complete would be a fair price when I'm ready to sell.