Turbo Alcohol class in BG

L8R V8R said:
I'd like to run in this class. There are probably others like myself that are running in a heads-up class that could run this class also, but qualifying passes are usually run on Friday night. If this was done entirely on Thursday we could do both. Also it would be nice if there was Methanol available on raceday for purchase for those of us that don't know where to get it in a sealed container.
Randy

Randy,
I think a solution would be that if all of us that will race the class get together, shouldnt be an issue getting some 5 gallon pails of VP M1. I mean 1 gallon should handle the needs no? So having a few guys coordinate shouldnt be an issue.

We have a fuel distributor north of me that handles VP.. its no problem with a little anticipation getting methanol in pails. And using the same pail to fill multiple vehicles.

This was one of the issues I pointed out early in the rules.. but this is how they want it..

Too bad nitrous isnt allowed... I did my first pulls at the track last nite.. i'm gonna get greedy :D

Razor said:
Randy,
I think a solution would be that if all of us that will race the class get together, shouldnt be an issue getting some 5 gallon pails of VP M1. I mean 1 gallon should handle the needs no? So having a few guys coordinate shouldnt be an issue.

We have a fuel distributor north of me that handles VP.. its no problem with a little anticipation getting methanol in pails. And using the same pail to fill multiple vehicles.

This was one of the issues I pointed out early in the rules.. but this is how they want it..

Too bad nitrous isnt allowed... I did my first pulls at the track last nite.. i'm gonna get greedy :D

So if I read this correctly there is NOT a problem with going down with like 5 cars and all using meth. from the same sealed can? can you please confirm this for me :D

Razor said:
Good to know..

So Bob... ya in?

My PT61 and stock engine/trans will not keep up with you heavy-hitters.

Going to be fun to watch though.

B

ttypewe4jim said:
So if I read this correctly there is NOT a problem with going down with like 5 cars and all using meth. from the same sealed can? can you please confirm this for me :D

Rule says from sealed container. Didnt say you couldnt share. I'll see about clarification. Also will see if methanol is available in one gallon containers..

Bob.. I wont be competing in the class.. Well at least Jan22,06 I wont be :rolleyes: i'm doing something else.. plus I wont take the FAST and nitrous off my car.. and should be running a 70+ turbo.

I will be running on pump gas at the event if my motor makes it from now till then.. Wish I could predict how long somethings will last given my use/misuse.

High 10 sec car will rule.

Razor said:
Ohh crap.. the trash talking has just begun..

I'll race "any" Buick on pump gas.. if you'll run it on pump gas.. get that wallet ready.. cuase drinks will be on the Philmister :eek:

:biggrin:

Did you say any Buick? :biggrin:

STP said:
Did you say any Buick? :biggrin:

If your willing to fill it up with a minimum of 10 gallons of 93 octane.. i'm game.. :eek:

I'll be like that pesky little kid that gets his azzz whipped... i'll keep fighting even tho I may not win :wink:

If its on junk gas.. line em up :)

How fast can an iron headed, flat tappet, 109 block, 3850 lb car go?

I will also entertain from "a role" proposals :biggrin:

Easy pickins :wink:

So what is the fastest 109 on pump sofar?

Gotta set my goals and tune b4 I go down. :)

PhilM said:
So what is the fastest 109 on pump sofar?

Gotta set my goals and tune b4 I go down. :)

On a chip or with an aftermarket ecm?

And do you mean that fits the rules above.. Fitting the rules above.. low 11's there are bunches.. not fitting the rules.. low 10's

I have the fastest stock block TTA in the land. Probably one of the fastest pump gas Buick powered.. Guess I could get a chip burned with the same inj dc and timing I run on my FAST.. that would be evil tho.

Low 11's/high 10's in the heat.. will be king at BG.

Hrm...So does that mean I have to let you win in order to get some FAST tech advice??? :p

All jokes aside...I probably wouldn't play on 93. Not worth jeopardizing the livelihood of my engine. Now if it was a 109 block, I'd be all over it : )

STP said:
Hrm...So does that mean I have to let you win in order to get some FAST tech advice??? :p

All jokes aside...I probably wouldn't play on 93. Not worth jeopardizing the livelihood of my engine. Now if it was a 109 block, I'd be all over it : )
Im with ya there, im not taking those chances with my new motor

STP said:

Its all junk anyways.. or eventually turns into it :D

BTW.. if you need a .gct or anything.. hollar.

Guys are chicken with those stage motors :rolleyes: :D ;)

teehee..

I could pull the motor out of my car and drop it in a 3300 lb T-type and run 9.70's.. piece of cake.

Razor said:
Guys are chicken with those stage motors :rolleyes: :D ;)

I second that - why would it even matter if it's tuned right? Heck, you'd figure the stage guys would take any chance to spankup on the 109'ers.

109's are easy to find. Try finding a good useable 016 block these days that hasn't had repair....That's why I'll choose to play it a little conservative. I have a spare complete on the stand but I'd rather not use it for now.

Julio, thx for the offer. I have to get some exhaust on the car in the next month. Stepping it up to a 3.5" dp while i'm at it. No other change in the combo. Just need to get the VE straight and turn the boost up this year...Weren't you running a stage 1 in your car at some point?

"Any matched set of four (4), 15” or 16” diameter chrome steel or aluminum wheels allowed"

Does this mean that you can not have 14" or 17" wheels? Does it mean that you can not have OEM GN wheels in the front, and welds in the back?

Can you have a trunk mounted battery?

What if you had a full / complete exhaust that exited out the rear of the car, in the stock locations, but you had no cat and no muffler? My daily driver is set up with dual exhaust, but with only a muffler on one side, (one side is straight pipe).

STP said:
109's are easy to find. Try finding a good useable 016 block these days that hasn't had repair....That's why I'll choose to play it a little conservative. I have a spare complete on the stand but I'd rather not use it for now.

Julio, thx for the offer. I have to get some exhaust on the car in the next month. Stepping it up to a 3.5" dp while i'm at it. No other change in the combo. Just need to get the VE straight and turn the boost up this year...Weren't you running a stage 1 in your car at some point?

No problem.. when you start on it.. hollar. ;)

On the Stage motor deal.. nope.. i've been having a love/hate relationship with the 109.. lately its been more love :biggrin:

jsta6 said:
"Any matched set of four (4), 15” or 16” diameter chrome steel or aluminum wheels allowed"

Does this mean that you can not have 14" or 17" wheels? Does it mean that you can not have OEM GN wheels in the front, and welds in the back?

Can you have a trunk mounted battery?

What if you had a full / complete exhaust that exited out the rear of the car, in the stock locations, but you had no cat and no muffler? My daily driver is set up with dual exhaust, but with only a muffler on one side, (one side is straight pipe).

Sorry.. I dont make the rules. They(G.S.C.A.) want stock looking cars. The only reason they allowed the 16's was becuase the GNX came 16's.. and the TTA. Hence the no glass hood either.

Put some steel wheels on it. no biggie.

Battery in trunk.. must have external cutoff switch. This is standard NHRA rule. If it will be faster than 11.49.. you'll need a roll bar. faster than 10.99 you'll need a transmission blanket, SFI balancer, SFI flywheel, driveshaft loop, etc etc etc..

Exhuast must be muffled.. no electric cutouts either.

What you do is show up this year at BG, compete.. and voice your opinions/be active so next year rules get co-ordinated. If you dont show up.. dont race.. you have no say.. easy. Racers make the rules.. the above listed rules are do-able.

You have 4 months to get the car to fit the rules.. plenty of time.. and money.

Razor said:
Sorry.. I dont make the rules.

No worries. I am not complaining, just asking.

I do have a battery cut off switch.

Why allow only 15 or 16" wheels?