Tuner in VA

m3x1c0

Bad luck Buick
Anyone know a good place to get my GN tuned? Car has a MAFT Pro and was set up for E85. Trying to tune it for 93 since E85 is tough to find where I'm at.

Have the exact same setup but was always tuned on 93. You have a wideband? You can get it close just by baselining everything, and then slowly working your way up. Datalog with a laptop to make sure everything looks right over a few days and then start turning the wick up a little at a time until you get close...

If you find someone in va that tunes translator pro's, please keep me posted.

I'm in Woodbridge va btw

Ps... this should help

Attachments

• Trans Pro Manual 1.5.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 111
Prolly not going to find a tuner familiar with the Tpro. Your best bet is to learn the system and tune yourself.

Rick

Have the exact same setup but was always tuned on 93. You have a wideband? You can get it close just by baselining everything, and then slowly working your way up. Datalog with a laptop to make sure everything looks right over a few days and then start turning the wick up a little at a time until you get close...

If you find someone in va that tunes translator pro's, please keep me posted.

I'm in Woodbridge va btw

Finally dug in to all the resources and got the Powerlogger working on my mac. Did a little run today around the block and attached the file if you or anyone wants to give me some tips. If you can meet up sometime maybe you could show me a thing or two about my setup. Im out in Lynchburg so about 3 hours away from woodbridge.

Working on getting the TPro software and getting it to work on my mac (running Windows 7 in Parallels if anyone can decipher that.)

Attachments

• GN_LogFile_7.8.14.dat
    51 KB · Views: 85
I only have the TunerPro software loaded on my laptop so I can't see the log file.

Do you have a wideband? I would add an AlkyControl system to the car if you plan on running it hard... Whats the setup on it? Edit your signature and add what you know about the car so its easier to help. And I don't know how much you know about these cars but there is LOTS or info here and on the other site. Also Vortex Buicks is a good one for troubleshooting.

I only have the TunerPro software loaded on my laptop so I can't see the log file.

Do you have a wideband? I would add an AlkyControl system to the car if you plan on running it hard... Whats the setup on it? Edit your signature and add what you know about the car so its easier to help. And I don't know how much you know about these cars but there is LOTS or info here and on the other site. Also Vortex Buicks is a good one for troubleshooting.

Is this software you are using with the MaftPro? I am using a power logger that has its own software: http://www.fullthrottletech.com/showthread.php?t=2627

Yep... That's it. Allows you to write/read directly to/from the translator pro and does data logging...

Yep... That's it. Allows you to write/read directly to/from the translator pro and does data logging...
Looks like the power logger has more features but I finally found a serial to usb cable to try out the Maft-Pro Logging. Besides tuner pro RT aren't there some support files I need to run it? And will running it to my laptop mess with the current tune at all? Don't want to plug it in only to find out I have to learn everything about or else my car won't start lol

Also, are you tuning with the Tunerpro software or just logging? I know you can use the MAft onboard controls but I think a laptop would be easier. also by using Tunerpro will that give me the ability to save different tunes and load them later? For example I could tune it for 93 octane and no alcohol and then have a tune set up for Alky.

So what I did was put a base tune on that seemed safe then data logged several runs over a few days and fine tuned from there. Most of my changes were made using a laptop because they were big changes. After that, I just use the onboard buttons. Just datalogging using tunerpro doesn't change anything in your tune. I think I got the other files needed from here.

And yes you can save several different tunes using the laptop then just upload them when needed back to the TPro...

The Tpro can be tuned right from the key pad. No need to make things harder than they need to be.

Use the PL for logging. You can see tpro wb correction in the powerlogger. Make necessary changes right on the key pad.

Rick