TSM rules vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fiber glass hoods and deck lid 4 downpipe 4 inch exhaust Rjc sells a nice sEt up for our buicks

My Vote

Well I like the rules from last yr.,but whatever is anyone goin to run TSM next year pls. speak up.;):cool:

Let get a vote on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I'm with you Randy. I'm tired of reading all of the various rules threads lately.

After looking at the current TSM rules and the proposals, I wonder why we propose changes to the rules in the first place. All changes do is cost money.

So, besides the tires, if I don't have it on my car now or it isn't currently in the rules, I'm voting no on any of the rules changes that I have seen proposed in this thread. I don't even care about the turbo rule as I still have my old 70 GTQ sitting on a shelf. Point is, I'm not going to vote for something that I'm not going to use or that I don't have. That may sound a little selfish, but I don't see the point of changing the rules just because we can and I'm just 1 vote.

Also, I don't think we need to have the secret ballot as in the past. Let's just get the votes out there.

With that being said, until the official ballot comes out, my vote is for sale to the highest bidder;)

I'm with you Randy. I'm tired of reading all of the various rules threads lately.

After looking at the current TSM rules and the proposals, I wonder why we propose changes to the rules in the first place. All changes do is cost money.

So, besides the tires, if I don't have it on my car now or it isn't currently in the rules, I'm voting no on any of the rules changes that I have seen proposed in this thread. I don't even care about the turbo rule as I still have my old 70 GTQ sitting on a shelf. Point is, I'm not going to vote for something that I'm not going to use or that I don't have. That may sound a little selfish, but I don't see the point of changing the rules just because we can and I'm just 1 vote.

Also, I don't think we need to have the secret ballot as in the past. Let's just get the votes out there.

With that being said, until the official ballot comes out, my vote is for sale to the highest bidder;)

I would agree Tim. Changes do cost money. I still wish we could get away from the excessive weights. I would like to see someone step up and take this class over and get it back to what it used to be. I would love to do it, but I still race in the class so I feel that would draw too much controversy.

I agree that the weight should be the most important topic for change. Both for safety and to help the engines live longer.
Maybe Cal would help out with it if Scott is unavailable?

1.346 60 FT to slow lol just kid n im hopeing for a1.290 this yr dont want to change anything just add a few or maybe the weight iron headed guys 3600 and alum. headed guys 3300. lol hellow Walt.

1.346 60 FT to slow lol just kid n im hopeing for a1.290 this yr dont want to change anything just add a few or maybe the weight iron headed guys 3600 and alum. headed guys 3300. lol hellow Walt.

1.29 now you're talkin bro!

Maybe Cal would help out with it if Scott is unavailable?

My plate is going to be pretty full running TSO. I may be able to assist at an event, but doubt that I could dedicate the time that the class really needs. I suggest someone who used to race the class and understands the rules this way they are unbiased yet knowledgeable. Here's a few that come to mind in no particular order:

Louis Lopez
Dave England
Don Cruz
Phil McGloin
Scott Claridge
Roy Garcia

All jokin aside ,if someone could in touch with scott we need to get vote goin all I need is list of who can vote would love to help and workin on money for the class . I'm tryin to get some money for the points series and some for events.

on different note glad to see some new blood this will be good year for Tsm less drama ,more RACIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All jokin aside ,if someone could in touch with scott we need to get vote goin all I need is list of who can vote would love to help and workin on money for the class . I'm tryin to get some money for the points series and some for events.

on different note glad to see some new blood this will be good year for Tsm less drama ,more RACIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if he has a list of the racers from the last 2 years but maybe we can help:

Jason w
Tim LeMay
Don c
Randy a
Kevin b
Scott s
Walt j
Kip a
Toni c
Steve s
Steve h
Phil m

I know there many more but thats off the top of my head.

Let's make this simple

The P295/55R15 (28 X 12.50R15) Mickey Thompson (p/n 3755R) D.O.T. approved street legal drag radial that meets all existing DR parameters except that it is 0.3" wider than the allowed footprint will be allowed. The change to the rule will simply be that "Drag Radials may have a footprint of up to 10.9" wide are allowed" or something close to that effect.

4" exhaust - Nope. It is not needed and TSM racers have proved this. Fought this battle years ago. It isn't going to change.

Electric water pumps can already be added to the cooling system. The rule reads "Stock water pump operational w/belt in stock location" as such another (electric) pump can be plumbed in series with the factory unit. FYI, TA Performance also came out with a revised/improved unit for the Buick V6 that should eliminate for a secondary pump.

Coil on Plug ignition - We've been over this before - it is an expensive option that was never offered on the Buick V6 during or previous to the LC2 engine. I did not let this come to a vote previously as it so violates the FSA rule. To allow this superior firepower will only make the cars go faster. NO.

As I recall the Rack & Pinion steering option was a "No" vote two years ago but we can vote on this if wanted. Same goes for Jason's tear down rules. Or we can just go with the new drag radials...and go racing! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.