TSM rules vote

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coil on Plug ignition - We've been over this before - it is an expensive option that was never offered on the Buick V6 during or previous to the LC2 engine. I did not let this come to a vote previously as it so violates the FSA rule. To allow this superior firepower will only make the cars go faster. NO.

Yeah, we wouldn't want to encourage any vendors to develope a product to make the cars go faster :rolleyes: Didn't you run an electromotive ignition for a while?

Didn't you run an electromotive ignition for a while?
Yep, it was a version with the waste spark ignition, much like the stock GN coil pack...moreso like the Type II waste spark coils. It was unique in that each coil was mounted on a plate and could be replaced individually.:smile:

Yep, it was a version with the waste spark ignition, much like the stock GN coil pack...moreso like the Type II waste spark coils. It was unique in that each coil was mounted on a plate and could be replaced individually.:smile:
So basically you could run a COP set-up as long as the coils are in the factory location as the Buick coil pack and run longer plug wires? Interesting

The COP setup I came up with can be run in wastespark mode. It also uses the factory crank and cam sensors in their stock positions. Doesn't the Electromotive require a new trigger wheel, etc... My setup seems more factory than that. Just to be clear, what makes my setup illegal over the Electromotive setup you ran (besides the fact that you were running it)?

As soon as TSM Rules are finalized please let me know and where they are located so I can post them on the BPG website and print them for the Racing Rules Package

Dont know if I even have a say in all this but i agree with Scott... Tires, Turbo, go racing!

I'd like to see the weights and teardown rules voted on.. Other than that I'm ready to race.

Doesn't sound to me like the racers even get a say in what gets voted on. They just get to give their input? Does Scott have the authority to decide what the racers can vote on? There are alot of parts on TSM cars that aren't stock appearing or were not available on our cars. That has never stopped those parts from being used in the past. XFI wasn't available in 1987 and the cars didn't come with th400's or front mount intercoolers but we use these things. Same with aluminum heads & aftermarket intakes. I was under the impression that the racers would make proposals & vote on those proposed rule changes. Why just squash something like 4" exhaust? It won't make the cars any faster but might allow more cars in. What about the idea of making the rules the same at all of the races so the gs nationals rules are the same. Can someone explain what the deal is with the different rules & what rules are different besides the downpipe rule?

TSM lost a sponsor because of not being able to use the parts that they have worked hard to fabricate for our buicks.A little birdy told me that if TSM would Allow these items he would be more than happy to bring back his sponsor ship.So thats why i said the larger exhaust system and downpipe.And fiberglass hoods are for the one,s that want to run in the tsm but dont want to have go buy a steel hood and paint it hell the cars still have to weight the same.Also if a racer is going to race TSM this yr why should,nt he or she have say in it.Just try.n to help build the TSM CLASS.WERE THE MEETS A PACKED AGAIN.

jOHN NOT TO CHANGE THE SUBJECT do you have a power steering resivour laying around or anybody for that matter mine some how got a small crack in it after setting for a yr

TSM lost a sponsor because of not being able to use the parts that they have worked hard to fabricate for our buicks.A little birdy told me that if TSM would Allow these items he would be more than happy to bring back his sponsor ship.So thats why i said the larger exhaust system and downpipe.And fiberglass hoods are for the one,s that want to run in the tsm but dont want to have go buy a steel hood and paint it hell the cars still have to weight the same.Also if a racer is going to race TSM this yr why should,nt he or she have say in it.Just try.n to help build the TSM CLASS.WERE THE MEETS A PACKED AGAIN.

Actually tsm had a great sponsor deal going until the guy running it was accused of stealing. That was the beginning of the end...

I don't get why that guy don't sponsor anymore. We still buy a lot of parts from him pulleys, girdle's, front mount's.

Status
Not open for further replies.