Top end noise after oil change

TurboBrian

Running Mobil super conventional 10w30 with zddp and has been fine all summer but has recently been a little cold here in Florida could that change anything? Only does it on startup every now and then for a couple of seconds then goes away. Loud enough to be noticeable. Should I try a Lucas additive or Marvel Mystery Oil or drain it and try 5w30? Thanks for any input

Sounds more like an oil filter problem than an oil problem. What filter are you running at the moment?

A lot of guys run high dollar filters. Personally I've run Napa Gold filters in everything I've owned for a long time as well as customers cars. I've probably used more than a thousand. Never had 1 issue. They are actually made by wix

I like Rotella 15 w 40 with the Wix in C. Fl. had a similar problem 2 years ago w/ Mobil then switched and all good! Cold lately is an understatement............(y)

FWIW mi Nissan does the same thing on really your cold days. The oil seems to get a little thicker and not flow as well. Or maybe it's a filter issue with the cold. Either way, I just let the car idle and warm up and the oil thins out and all is better.

D

Mobil1 is one of the good filters. Do you see the top end noise only on this one exact filter, or has it been doing it with other Mobil1 filters too?

Other good ones are K&N, Purealator Pure One (not the normal one), Wix (same as NAPA gold) and Baldwin.

I would hope so. $6 and 2 minutes would be an awesome fix.

If not, it's time to start pulling valve covers and start 'splorin around.

I guess I should have mentioned I pulled them last night. no bent pushrods or cracked/broken rocker arms everything looked fine