Too good to be true???

You'll buy a low mileage stock car and wish you would gave just bought a modded one once you realize how boring a bone stock GN is. Trust me, I've had many of each. Stock cars are cool if you like Barrett Jackson. If you like to be manly, are attracted to boobs, like beer, like to have girls check you out......buy a modded car. Just my two pennies. Jeremy
Great way to explain it! !!
I spent about 5 years looking and saving for a low mileage car. Spent 17K for my 43k mile GN. It was stock except for a TA49 and a chip and exhaust. $30,000.00+ later I am starting to like my car now ...

Bryan

The whole point is that practically no one keeps their car original. Original cars don't run well and need to be fine tuned for todays fuels, chips need to be changed, then all of a sudden the MAF sensor goes out, then the trans starts to slip....etc. These cars are not easy cars to own, they are finicky. The aftermarket comes into play when your having trouble getting the car to run right. That's when the mods start to pile on. Modified and aftermarket parts for these cars are ridiculously over priced and somewhat hard to get because it's such a small market. Your much much much better off spending the money to buy a car that already has all the extra parts on it and has already been tuned and set up. Example, my car is a Stage 2 car, it's heavily built. It's a 48k mile car that will never return back to stock. I have $63k into this car and a whole buttload of hours. I'm going to be in the position here shortly where I'm going to need to sell my car and guess what, there's no way in hell I'll ever recoupe my money or even close to it. I'm going to be asking $40k for mine. All that time and effort and money.......gone. On the other hand, if I had just done all the basic simple mods, I'd have $25k into the car and it would run fine. But guess what, the car would have been just like the rest of them out there, which I didn't want. What I'm saying here, buy the car with the most done to it, you'll be happier in the long run and you'll save yourself a lot of headache and money. The more it's modded, the more the guy selling it is losing on it because he probably just spent an arm and a leg.

I got mine from this guy.
ishot-9.jpg

The whole point is that practically no one keeps their car original. Original cars don't run well and need to be fine tuned for todays fuels, chips need to be changed, then all of a sudden the MAF sensor goes out, then the trans starts to slip....etc. These cars are not easy cars to own, they are finicky. The aftermarket comes into play when your having trouble getting the car to run right. That's when the mods start to pile on. Modified and aftermarket parts for these cars are ridiculously over priced and somewhat hard to get because it's such a small market. Your much much much better off spending the money to buy a car that already has all the extra parts on it and has already been tuned and set up. Example, my car is a Stage 2 car, it's heavily built. It's a 48k mile car that will never return back to stock. I have $63k into this car and a whole buttload of hours. I'm going to be in the position here shortly where I'm going to need to sell my car and guess what, there's no way in hell I'll ever recoupe my money or even close to it. I'm going to be asking $40k for mine. All that time and effort and money.......gone. On the other hand, if I had just done all the basic simple mods, I'd have $25k into the car and it would run fine. But guess what, the car would have been just like the rest of them out there, which I didn't want. What I'm saying here, buy the car with the most done to it, you'll be happier in the long run and you'll save yourself a lot of headache and money. The more it's modded, the more the guy selling it is losing on it because he probably just spent an arm and a leg.

This man hit the nail right on the head. Unless you are looking to cocoon your car for 10 years waiting to auction it off for profit, you are chasing your tail looking for an all original one. My friend Sean bought a clean, 11k mile bone stock GN for the purpose of enjoying it for awhile and maybe cashing in after 10 years. The car ran like absolute garbage. I helped him get it squared away. We discovered that it had a bad injector and the wrong MAF. Then he decided he wanted it to run right. So now it has an intake (so he can preserve the OEM intake hose), chip, Walboro 340 pump, FP hotwire kit, 42lb injectors, adj fuel pressure regulator, adj actuator, and test pipe. It runs fantastic now! But...now he will need to deal with the rope rear main seal leak, spring cleaning, replacing the timing set, valve springs.............................................................................................