Too good to be true???

Dude if you can afford to drop 20+ grand on a car why are you still even looking there's a lot out here for that price. Now if you just gotta have a car with under 20k miles that may be a different story.

Thanks guys. I knew your expertise would uncover what I couldn’t notice.

Everything unmolested with 20-40k miles seems to be pushing $30k, so I thought this might be fishy.

i noticed the T horn, vac brakes that were mentioned but for a 19K car theres several burnt orange areas under the hood. around the power wiper arm, the strike plate on the hood and the latch, the heat pad is dirty. petty i know but those shouldn't be that worn. I have a 10K survivor and it doesn't look anything like that; Ive never detailed mine either. #timecapsuleGN

In addition to what's already been mentioned, seats have been recovered, whole car and undercarriage painted, door speaker covers should be black not gray...could go on and on. And the dealer doesn't know what the hell he's talking about in the vid but that's par for the course :D.

Last edited:
Okay, so this one is $10k more.
Not looking to spend that much.
But for that money it's got to be perfection right?
http://www.exoticclassics.com/inventory_detailed.php?cid=497
maybe, but if you're looking for perfection the second car ain't it, b/c something's going on with the paint at the lower rear door jamb passenger side... if the main goal is to get low mileage, you must see a carfax that you yourself got, then make sure everything all ads up.

Much better but it's not perfection, if that's ultimately what you're after. Still a nice car though. The photos look professionally done. Possibly touched up. You need to go see it in person if you're gonna spend that kind of dough.

The 2nd one is only a couple of hours from me.
Definitely going to look at it first.
But, that's considerably more than I wanted to spend.

Not sure if you're looking to buy your first Turbo Buick but you might find the attached helpful. It's a checklist put together by another member pulling info from various sources. Hope it helps and be sure to post up pics when you finally buy one. Try to look at as many cars as you can (in person preferably) before you decide. There was another thread on here recently of a car being sold by a dealer that looked good in the photos but when a member went to look at it, it had signs of being a flood recovery vehicle...If you're not sure of what to look for in these cars, taking someone who does can save you a lot of grief. Especially if you're looking for a car in the price range of the two you posted about.

Attachments

• GN buyers guide.pdf
    538.7 KB · Views: 74
This'll by my first Turbo Buick.
I've had many classic cars over the years, but all have been V8s.
So, I'm just beginning to delve my way into the intricacies of these cars.
Thank you for the .pdf, it's a very helpful list.

You'll buy a low mileage stock car and wish you would gave just bought a modded one once you realize how boring a bone stock GN is. Trust me, I've had many of each. Stock cars are cool if you like Barrett Jackson. If you like to be manly, are attracted to boobs, like beer, like to have girls check you out......buy a modded car. Just my two pennies. Jeremy