Tire Size P275/60R15-Will It Rub

V6Turbo

HI Thinking about getitng Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials. Size 275 60 15's. Will it rub. What do I need to do to make them work?

Thanks Virgil

should be ok with good suspension, aluminum drums or 1/4 spacers. Kinda big for a stock 7 inch wheel though

They -should- be ok... Kepp in mind many regals were not built centered from the factory, lots of inconsistencies for the same type of car.....and this will cause issues with big tires, but you would never notice with stock tires. you have maybe a 3 out of 4 chance of no problems.

They -should- be ok... Kepp in mind many regals were not built centered from the factory, lots of inconsistencies for the same type of car.....and this will cause issues with big tires, but you would never notice with stock tires. you have maybe a 3 out of 4 chance of no problems.

I agree. I had 275\60\15's on my car and had to use a spacer to clear both sides. Some guys don't. I also have to use a spacer on one rear side for my ( front) GTA's with a 255\50\16 tire. Every car is slightly different. I have aluminum drums too. Only way to know for sure is to trial fit them.

Was also thinking about getting Centerline rims 15 x 10" wide. However, MT approved rims are between 7.5" to 9.5". Any issues with 10" rim on these tires?.

thanks in advance.

HI Thinking about getitng Mickey Thompson ET Drag Radials. Size 275 60 15's. Will it rub. What do I need to do to make them work?

Thanks Virgil
For a nice fit, some 8" or 10" wide rims would be best. If you choose to use a 8" wide rim, the correct rear spacing to have is 3.5" If you prefer using a 10" wide rim, then a 4.5" rear spacing is needed. I tried both these rim widths with the SAME 275-60-15 tires and these are the rear spacings which gave me the best results. Hope this helps...

Claude. :wink:

They rub on the frame especially on a hard corner. HR Sway bar cured that, no more body roll.

The only rims that will allow that tire to fit up inside the fenderwell is either:

A) 8" rim with 4" backspace

B) 7" rim with 3.5" backspace

C) Stock rims

It may/may not rub a little, or require slight lip trimming and/or aluminum drums... but anything bigger or with a diffrent offset will hit the 1/4 panel... unless that is, you jack the car up like a 4x4... which looks pathetic.

It may/may not rub a little, or require slight lip trimming and/or aluminum drums... but anything bigger or with a diffrent offset will hit the 1/4 panel... unless that is, you jack the car up like a 4x4... which looks pathetic.

been preaching this for a while :p for those that don't know .... a 275/60 DR on a 10" rim is a BIG difference than an 8" rim.. I posted the pics of both a while ago

I have stock rims and aluminum drums 275/60/15 Nitto extreme DR and no rub what so ever even with people in the back seat.

What if you're hauling around a couple fat chicks?:confused: Will they rub going down the road or only on corners?:confused:

X2

The only rims that will allow that tire to fit up inside the fenderwell is either:

A) 8" rim with 4" backspace

B) 7" rim with 3.5" backspace

C) Stock rims

Also, most of the rear ends under these cars were not centered from the factory. Adjustable UCAs will let you center things back out. Good new boxed LCRs will keep things from flexing and rubbing. Air bags will keep tires from bottoming out and rubbing on the lip.

Here's a pic of a MT DR 275/60/15 on my GN. This car has the above mods, with being 1" lower at all four corners. Rear rims are stock GN that were widened to 8" with a 4 1/8" back space. I did have to shave my fender lip about 3/16". Aluminium drums out back. This is what I had to do to get these tires to fit. It looks good, doesn't rub, and gets 1.50 short times.

P1010012.jpg

P1010007.jpg

Good luck.

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

i will try to take pics tomorrow, but i have some old AR rims, the ones on my avatar. not sure my back space but i believe they are 15x10. it has a set of 275/60R15 BF Goodrich radial T/A's. i have aluminum drums. I just took out some variable rate springs of unknown origin and my car has launch bags. Mine NEVER rubbed. i am putting a full Hotchkis kit on the car that has boxed lower trailing arms, adjustable uppers, and the trailing arm support kit which i'm thinkin will make a HUGE difference in keeping the rear from tweekin ;) however....... the new springs are supposed to drop the car 1" from factory for better handling. i guess i'll let ya know real real soon if mine will even sit anymore with them. good luck with yours and i'll keep ya posted on if it works or not. :smile: