Time to go to hotair motor school...

The link is in post #59 of this thread if anyone is looking. I went back, and it's not super easy to find. Hopefully it is still a valid link, I can't check it from this work CPU unfortunately.

Please please please ....

As others have noted, the gov took megaupload (or whatever it was called) down a few weeks ago. So now only the Justice Dept can get the PDF there. There ain't there.

It really oughta be a sticky, as Charlie said about a year ago.

As far as I can tell no one is paying any attention to this thread, and the PDF hasn't been sent to anyone in quite a while.

Ive been sending to as many people I can. If you private msg me I'll send it right to you. I dont go in the hotair section much anymore after I was bashed for being a hotair motor that was intercooled. Kinda makes me really not want to help people out. But like I said if you private message me you'll receive the pdf that afternoon after I get back from work.

Jerry jr.

Jerry--

I got your e-mail with the PDF as an attachment.

When I save the attachment, my e-mail reader claims it successfully downloaded and save a file about 9 MB in size. But then when I look in the file system, the file is only about 7 MB in size. Then my PDF viewer says the file is damaged and cannot be viewed.

This could be due to my non-Microsoft system. I'm on Linux using Mozilla browser and e-mail software. Or maybe my oddball ISP. Who knows.

Anyway, thanks for trying. Almost, but no cigar.

I do have a Windows setup, I just don't use it much. If you want to try sending the PDF again I can use my Windows setup to get the e-mail, and see if that works better?

And by the way, how do you send private messages these days? All I see is something about starting a "conversation." Is that the way you PM now?!?

And by the way, how do you send private messages these days? All I see is something about starting a "conversation." Is that the way you PM now?!?
Click on the persons avitar and it will give you a pop up. Click on "start a conversation" and then you can PM.:)

sent again. Has worked for most the other people. Same exact email just forwarded to everyone.

Jerry jr.

I not doubting that it does. For some reason when I transfer the message from my ISP to my system it gets truncated, cut short at the end, despite the fact that my mail reader claims the whole thing transfers with no problems. I think it's because I'm not using Microsoft software. Like I said, I have a Windows setup, I just don't use it much.

Plus, when I "get" my mail it's deleted from my ISP, so there's no way to "re-get" it. So just now, after asking you to re-send it, I forgot and checked my mail as usual from Linux and the same thing happened again, as I recognized it and watched in horror.

It's a catch-22. To find out if I need to shut down and check my mail on Windows, I have to shut down and check my mail on Windows.

If you want to try it ONE MORE TIME please do, and I will earnestly try to remember to CHECK MY E-MAIL ON WINDOWS for a while.

I just checked my setups, on both Linux and Windows, and I was able to check a box to have mail remain on the ISP server. So at least that much should never happen again.

Sorry about so much BS.

Thanks for your patience, Jerry, but I give up.

The attachment gets truncated on Windows too. I have no idea why. Maybe I'll call the ISP and see what he says.

Thanks again, and again.... :confused:

Well I did some spelunking and I did learn something.

In your mails the PDF is attached as a Base64 encoding. In the first mail I received, the Base64 encoding ends with two padding characters: "==". Because of those padding characters, I know I received the complete Base64 encoding of the attachment.

Therefore, the PDF attachment was already truncated when you sent the mail. So the problem is at your end.

That's all I know, and all I can possibly know.

Just to be thorough, Jerry did finally get me one that works. Through some foul-up he was sending only about the first half. The full attachment is about 21 MB, the PDF extracted from it about 16 MB. Interesting book, too.

I got this manual from ebay and decided that I needed to let my hotair turbo brothers have access to this information. Its about 60 pages worth of scanning with a lot of new photos and charts that I have only found in this manual.

Sequential Fuel Injection pictures from racing photos on webshots

I also have this manual in a .pdf format but it is too big to attach to the site.

Post an email if you want the .pdf version sent to you.

Have fun learning a little more about our motors and testing procedures.

Jerry jr.
I would like a copy, my e-mail is fdarcy@savagearms.com Thanks for thinking of us in the hot air community