Time to go to a dual nozzle setup?

So it finally cooled off enough around here for me to play with this. I started out by getting a good fuel pressure gauge and learned that my Harbor Freight one was 3 psi off at static pressure. So I added the 3 psi, taped the gauge to the windshield, grabbed a passenger, and headed out. WOT psi was good, 64 psi at 20psi of boost. I didn't have my wbo2 hooked up, but said what the hell, added 7% fuel across the board on my translator gen II, and did another run at 25psi. Fuel psi went up to 68-69 and no knock. Car is running a bit rich for sure.

Next step is to get the WB02 on it and dial AFR to about 10.6 or 10.7 at 26-27psi by lowering the methanol. From there I'll try to add the timing back up to 23 / 21 and see if it likes it. Once I find the timing's happy place, I'll try to lean it out to 10.9 - 11.1. It will be interesting to get this much more out of a setup that already runs damn good.

So it finally cooled off enough around here for me to play with this. I started out by getting a good fuel pressure gauge and learned that my Harbor Freight one was 3 psi off at static pressure. So I added the 3 psi, taped the gauge to the windshield, grabbed a passenger, and headed out. WOT psi was good, 64 psi at 20psi of boost. I didn't have my wbo2 hooked up, but said what the hell, added 7% fuel across the board on my translator gen II, and did another run at 25psi. Fuel psi went up to 68-69 and no knock. Car is running a bit rich for sure.

Next step is to get the WB02 on it and dial AFR to about 10.6 or 10.7 at 26-27psi by lowering the methanol. From there I'll try to add the timing back up to 23 / 21 and see if it likes it. Once I find the timing's happy place, I'll try to lean it out to 10.9 - 11.1. It will be interesting to get this much more out of a setup that already runs damn good.

Nice! It's amazing how much is left on the table just in a good tune vs an ok one.

So true. AFR was rock solid before and the car was running great, but I was already adding 15-17% fuel on top of everything with the translator and just made the assumption that I should not add more. Pulling almost 120 in the 1/4 mile with a 3900lb TE-44 car led me to believe I was getting the most out of it. Glad I made this post. Not that I know I can throw more 91 at it without knock and up the boost I'm sure I can squeeze another 50hp out of it no problem. I'm already upped the boost 5 psi and plan to go another 1 or 2. If I can squeeze a little more timing out of it and dial the AFR back in on that, this thing is going to be NUTS!!!!

Next step is to get the WB02 on it and dial AFR to about 10.6 or 10.7 at 26-27psi by lowering the methanol.

Don't adjust air fuel by messing with methanol. Adjust air fuel by messing with the chip. Adjust methanol as to knock concerns.

Too many think the Gain knob is a fuel knob and get into trouble... bad trouble.

Don't adjust air fuel by messing with methanol. Adjust air fuel by messing with the chip. Adjust methanol as to knock concerns.

Too many think the Gain knob is a fuel knob and get into trouble... bad trouble.

My main worry at this point is that the gain is set to 8 with a 15gph nozzle and now I'm pretty sure I was using the methanol to compensate for the lack of fueling. I'll leave the methanol alone for now and dial it in a little fat for my new boost level. Then once it is solid I will pull the gain knob back little by little and look for knock. Thanks Julio.

I would continue adding boost and not add timing. Possibly go less on timing till you run out of turbo. Get the chip burned with more aggressive timing at low speeds but much less at flash stall in 3rd then have it pick up a little timing once it recovers. You shouldn't be adding that much fuel through the chip. Get s new chip. Just just my opinion though. I would get some calibrated sensors and start logging everything.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

I pulled the timing back to 19 in 1st and 2nd and 17 in 3rd / 4th. Once I get it to the boost level I want I figured it won't hurt to try putting the timing up a hair. The chip is Turbotweak's alky extender extreme G chip. I'm adding fuel in the Translator gen II, not the chip. I've been told that the translator fuel percentage is not exact, meaning that I am not really fattening it up 7% when I add 7% fuel. From what I've seen with the WB02 that is accurate. This is off the top of my head, but adding 5% fuel on the translator has typically fattened AFR up around 0.2:1 or so. I have the ability to change the timing curve myself with the translator. I can also play with the MAF curve, so I have decent tuning ability as it sits. I have WOT timing static on the translator, but can play with it a bit. I also use powerlogger to log the car.

BTW I was not trying to argue anyone's point. Just laying out some more info. Bison, I think I have enough adjustability with my extender chip and gen 2 translator to do your recommentations without needing another chip.

And a final update here. I finally got off my butt and logged with powerlogger and my WB02. Since I got the boost up and fuel pressure up while adding lots of fuel to be safe, I was sitting at 10.3:1 AFR lol. I dialed back fueling and the car is very happy at 11.0:1 and 18.5-19 degrees of timing on alky and 91 octane crap E10. Any more timing and I get a couple degrees of KR in the top of 3rd. Now I'm at a solid 26psi and the alky knob is back down to 7.

If I ever get to the track I will play around some more. I can always try less timing and lean it out to 11.2 and see how it likes that. Honestly though this thing seems to be happy and is scary fast for a street car IMO. I've run as fast as 119.4 with similar timing / AFR and only 20psi. Not to mention I left the stereo and spare it and had a full tank of gas. 3750lbs without me in it. The car is night and day faster now. Probably good for 123mph which mean's 10's if I take the crap out and put decent tires on it. That being said I have no reason to do it as I don't have a cage.

Nice! I wouldn't go much leaner. I run 11.0 too and it feels fast so maybe best to leave well enough alone? Perhaps you have more cahone too I guess. Good luck in your quest for speed!

I most likely won't mess with it anymore. I really don't want to go faster and I think it is at a safe spot.

come on guys a plug is a plug if you know what to look for or have someone that knows what there looking at it shows the true picture.

if its clean as a whistle you might want to add some gas regardless of what the wideband says