Time for a new Snell2010 helmet

Open or closed face Snell2010 helmet?

• Open face

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pronto

Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see.
I've had my open face for 10 years. Time for new one that meets Snell2010. Should I go for an open face or a full face? I've used a full face helmet for motocycling since the early 80s but open face for drag racing. My current motocycle helmet is euro rated to a standard that's more than Snell2010 but not "Snell" rated so I can't use it. I take it that a "M" is still ok for 10 seconds and slower?

After seeing what happened to Scott Adkins I will be getting a full face helmet and strapping it on tight !

Bryan

I just don't feel safe with an open face. A steering wheel or bar to the mouth is not something I want to experience.

Peter

I picked up an HJC full face Snell2010 for 108. Fit's great and the opening is large so my glasses fit easily too. Only wish it was made in the USA.

I just don't feel safe with an open face. A steering wheel or bar to the mouth is not something I want to experience.

Peter

That is exactly what happened to a friend of mine. The steering column was forced up into his face. He had a broken jaw, missing teeth and lots of facial trauma. Most if not all of that part of his injury could have been avoided if he was wearing a full face helmet versus the open face he was wearing.

I gonna buy a new helmet before this season gets rolling. I'm looking at Simpson and Impact......not sure I trust an offshore helmet to keep me safe. They cost alot more, but after seeing my friend, I'm not willing to compromise on this one piece of equipment.