Three GNXs will be auctioned off on the same day @ Barrett Jackson Scottsdale

like I said earlier they never show GNX's they can auction off 10 of them they will never show them I've been watching for years now and on occasion you'll see a gn run through but i have yet to see a GNX get full coverage . And what is the deal with all the commercials it's ridiculous they run a car and then they'll have 10 min of commercials . I'm done! watch Mecum I enjoy that auction lots more action . Thanks

Thats strong money for the dead of winter and a not so good economy. Prices are starting to rise again.

Pete

gnx

I don't think that's strong money at all. Does anyone know the exact % the sellers pay? If so please post take home amounts for each car. If you figure that b.j. makes about 20% total on the cars, much better to advert. through all the collector car marketplace. the two cars with the higher miles could have sold for low 70's , and no other costs incurred. Instead, sellers prem.,travel,lodging, misc., etc., just my opinion, looks like a good time though!

Sellers pay 8% commission on the hammered price plus an entry fee that is variable depending on when the car is auctioned..

Nick19 Cars with that kind of mileage have never sold for that kind of money. The buyer paid $75k for a GNX with 4700 miles...thats strong money.

Pete

barrett jackson is the wrong auction for these cars...and the weather was a factor..the only winner here are barrett jackson and there sinister grins on there faces..

What were the comments from the announcers? Positive and accurate?
If I remember right, the car was headed off the block when they came back from commercial. I don't think much was really said about it other than year, make, model and selling price. Still nice to see a TTA televised. Overall the Turbo 6 cars got decent coverage on air. I saw One GNX and three or four GNs televised along with the TTA. :cool:

The announcers were very surprised That the GNX went for 95k. Barrett Jackson is for high rollers. They know they are paying a premium but they enjoy the excitement and attention...also they know for the most part that the cars are legit. Carroll Shelby and a few other famous car guys were there to personally sell a few cars. That has to be worth something.

Pete

What were the comments from the announcers? Positive and accurate?

The announcers talked about it having only 1,200 miles and the original tires. The car looked like it was stored properly as the tires looked to still be in good shape. They also had the jacket and hat up on stage and I saw someone walking around with the box of the GNX book.

They mentioned that the two GNXs that went across the block earlier did not bring as much. And they wrapped it up saying something like 'You never know what will come out of garages for this auction".

-john