Barrett-Jackson Auction Contest

Just heard rfom the lst place winner that nailed the amount exact....turns out he actually owns two of my turbo cars. One in particular is very unusually optioned. I remember the car as we bought it one year at the GS Nats in Kentucky and drove it back home. Car came out of the south. A beautiful turbo car.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

The other car he bought was a project GN car that he now has back together.

Anybody who bids on an auction has to figure in the buyers premium as well as appropriate taxes unless they have a resale certificate as a dealer.

It's part of the price you pay the auction house and the big ones charge a lot.

Occasionally you will find some antiques auctioneers that don't charge a buyers premium but it's rare.

Anybody who bids on an auction has to figure in the buyers premium as well as appropriate taxes unless they have a resale certificate as a dealer.

It's part of the price you pay the auction house and the big ones charge a lot.

Occasionally you will find some antiques auctioneers that don't charge a buyers premium but it's rare.
does the owner of the car for sale have to pay also?

The buyer and seller always pay the same premium. I had heard it was 10% on both sides of the deal in the BJ auctions. But I see the 8% number bandied about in this thread. Not sure where that came from. I doubt BJ auctions would have reduced their rates.
But to answer the question, yes, the seller pays a premium, as well as the buyer. Except....the charity auctions, which have no premiums.

Did anyone else notice that the commentator said they only made 482 of them? He was only 65 off. Glad these morons are the ones the average person gets their false information from.

Sold for $104,500 - My guess of $104,000 was pretty close. I think I may get a prize - wohoo :)

edit: Opps....they already announced the winners. Second place for me....I'll take it. Thanks Dennis...email coming.

Last edited: