Thread about the Ultimate Giveaway! ?'s and Comments!

Rules question

I just read about the post needing to be 7 days apart as opposed to calender weeks. I'm don't think all my posts have been 7 days apart, as I was thinking once per calender week beginning either Sunday or Monday, whichever.

I hope I won't be disqualified:eek:

Yeah I'm with you

Where is the 7 days apart thing I didn't read that anywhere but I am old am miss stuff I guess. I figured one entry a week Sunday is the first day of the week Saturday is the last so I just posted one day between each week when I thought of it. Oh well Buick guys should be used to being DQ'ed anyway at least we donated to the cause, but would suck to be DQ'ed for that.

Tally

$5014.02 is the Pay Pal tally as of this morning!

Shane we have just under $700.00. I know another person is sending in $100.
I'll let him remain nameless.
Guys everyone of the vendors who donated & individuals have donated big time.
Please step up. I really thought thet the Buick community & general car community would pull thru for this worthy cause.

Shane & I would like this to be a yearly event but this car has taken away alot of my business time & home life time. If this isn't sucessful not sure the participating vendors or I would be willing to do this next year.

Restore our faith & remember it's about Toys for Tots before it is about winning a car.

I must be missing something I still dont see who to make the check out to? I pleged $100 and still plan on sending it. Mark

its getting up there. not as much as i would hope to see but im sure at the last min it will jump way up. i have been sending more and more but we will see how things go with the holidays and what not. my total sent should be $150 by the end of the giveaway.

I just read about the post needing to be 7 days apart as opposed to calender weeks. I'm don't think all my posts have been 7 days apart, as I was thinking once per calender week beginning either Sunday or Monday, whichever.

I hope I won't be disqualified:eek:

I was wondering about that also. I think I posted a couple days late one week.

Here is what I read

******Rules*******

You MUST BE A MEMBER OF TurboBuick.com
You MUST JOIN Gbody's site at GBodyParts.com Online Click the link to register!
You can post one time per week! Every week until Monday Dec. 17, 2007 at 6PM.
Your post will count as your entry. If you post more than once per week you will be DQ'd!
The winner will be checked to make sure all rules were followed. We reserve the right to add rules as needed (not change)!

Question

Originally Posted by SGRIM

******Rules*******

You MUST BE A MEMBER OF TurboBuick.com
You MUST JOIN Gbody's site at GBodyParts.com Online Click the link to register!
You can post one time per week! Every week until Monday Dec. 17, 2007 at 6PM.Your post will count as your entry. If you post more than once per week you will be DQ'd!
The winner will be checked to make sure all rules were followed. We reserve the right to add rules as needed (not change)!

Me too also. That is why I had it in my head as "calender week". Someone please let us know, are we still qualificated for the drawing? Sure hope so:confused:

I think you will be ok. I am sure that they meant that you cannot post on Monday then Friday then Wednesday. That would make 3 posts in 2 weeks.

Wondermous

Thanks goodness. Good to know. You all have no idea how much I want to win this drawing....

On second thought, you probably do.:wink:

Many of you guys have PM'd me or ask the question about the post dates etc....

It was the intent to be a calendar week, however if you truly did it as a mistake or misunderstood I have said that is fine. Once is no problem.... I have taken notes on the guys that posted they have done this and have PM'd me. It is all good.

Here is how the winner will be chosen.... I will take the total number of posts and enter the scale on RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service I will let the computer pick the winning number. That post will be checked and the member will be checked to make sure he has no intentional double post and has became of a member of gbody's site as well.

Entry question

Here's a question.... I've been entering on Monday nights, but it appears that "TB site time" does not correspond with US EST. For example, it's 12:20 AM central time (alabama) currently, and the 'site time' at the bottom of the page is 05:31 GMT. Therefore, my monday evening posts show up as tues morning posts on the board. Will it be ok for me to enter one more time, next Mon. 12/17 before the site rolls over to 6PM??? Thus, it would show Tues 12/11, then Monday 12/17 for my last 2 entries.... will this DQ me?? I sure would like to post one last time on "Blue Monday". Perhaps all eligible entrants could make one more entry on 12/17, regardless which day they have been entering on, and assuming they've followed the 7-day rule up until then??? Thanks, and just trying to be legal.... :)

i cant anwer your question but the idea of one last post at the end sounds great.

Here's a question.... I've been entering on Monday nights, but it appears that "TB site time" does not correspond with US EST. For example, it's 12:20 AM central time (alabama) currently, and the 'site time' at the bottom of the page is 05:31 GMT. Therefore, my monday evening posts show up as tues morning posts on the board. Will it be ok for me to enter one more time, next Mon. 12/17 before the site rolls over to 6PM??? Thus, it would show Tues 12/11, then Monday 12/17 for my last 2 entries.... will this DQ me?? I sure would like to post one last time on "Blue Monday". Perhaps all eligible entrants could make one more entry on 12/17, regardless which day they have been entering on, and assuming they've followed the 7-day rule up until then??? Thanks, and just trying to be legal.... :)

The minutes do seem to be off on the TurboBuick clock. The hours are off on your forum settings. You can change them to be correct by going to the User CP -then edit options.

i cant anwer your question but the idea of one last post at the end sounds great.

Ok I talked to Shane & I think what we will do is the day of the give away let everyone post 1 more time. even if your post comes up that day you can post again 1 time for free.

In other words a freeby day. :eek:

We'll work out the details & post later .:cool:

I'll do a post on it tomorrow. Brent your Job is every day post TTT
That will help your post count & give me 1 less thing to do.

Alright Getting ready to drop the motor in place.:cool:

no problem. will do. also thanks for the email. i will be giving you a call in the next week or 2. :)