The Rock Results

Zacks 85GN

Zman
Great turn out and a great time. Got alot of runs in early and the track was hooking great for us. After getting everthing set up for the event Shane finally got to run his car. Too bad it was the last pass of the day for him too. At 130 MPH + in the traps the driveshaft let go, it took out the trans, beat up the exhaust and floor boards. Glad to report that he kept the car under control and was not hurt. Just hope we can have our GN ready to go before the next event.

Thank you guys for coming! I think you and your Dad had the most fun:biggrin: You two are great guys, nice to see you again as always!

Thanks for everyone coming out today! Far as me I will make another post:(

Tks for a great day--got lotsa runs in early, then someone lost a driveshaft & tranny & got oil all over the track "@130 mph point":( Def'y a bad break (truly sorry Shane)--but I know that you know "thats just racing"! Great job for bringing it safely to a whoa...

I know now ya just can't get street meats to hook--going up in smoke leaving @ 2# boost

Enjoyed meeting/ chatting with some of "the TB guys".

Monte

It was fun for me also even though I didn't run. Great to meet some other guys from around the state!

Shane, I know exactly what you went through when a drive shaft breaks. I've had two to do the same thing in mine.:frown:

Tks for a great day--got lotsa runs in early, then someone lost a driveshaft & tranny & got oil all over the track "@130 mph point":( Def'y a bad break (truly sorry Shane)--but I know that you know "thats just racing"! Great job for bringing it safely to a whoa...

I know now ya just can't get street meats to hook--going up in smoke leaving @ 2# boost

Enjoyed meeting/ chatting with some of "the TB guys".

Monte

It was nice meeting you too sir! Believe it or not I was happy with the run even with the end results. Look forward to seeing you at the next one!

It was fun for me also even though I didn't run. Great to meet some other guys from around the state!

Shane, I know exactly what you went through when a drive shaft breaks. I've had two to do the same thing in mine.:frown:

Yeah next time we are gonna have to get the malibu out there too. I bet we could have got paid off the guys on the other side of the fence:biggrin:

How did Al's car run after the O2 sensor change?

It was nice meeting you too sir! Believe it or not I was happy with the run even with the end results. Look forward to seeing you at the next one!

Yeah next time we are gonna have to get the malibu out there too. I bet we could have got paid off the guys on the other side of the fence:biggrin:

How did Al's car run after the O2 sensor change?

Al went 11.22 at 119. The best 8th mile was 7.12 (I think) at 100mph. He's not 100% positive the ATR liquid intercooler was doing it's job. He's going to do some testing.

I have a video of your unlucky run if you want to see it? Let me know.

Al went 11.22 at 119. The best 8th mile was 7.12 (I think) at 100mph. He's not 100% positive the ATR liquid intercooler was doing it's job. He's going to do some testing.

I have a video of your unlucky run if you want to see it? Let me know.

Yes please send it to me!

I would love to see it!

Hey Shane, thanks for all your hard work on making the Rock come through as a great event. It was good to mest you and many other TB guy's!!

Wish I had time to visit more, but was trying to make the first runs with my 87 GN down the track without KR. Nothing like Octane I guess...

Also a lot of thanks go out to Steve, and Steve for letting me tag along with them and ask questions. Thanks for the tuning advice. I look forward to the next event. It was great to see sooooo many GN's and Turbo Buicks in one place!

Mike

Was nice to see a strong showing of black Buicks. I couldnt have asked for better track prep . I also enjoyed speaking with acouple members.

Shane your red car was haulin

A great time. I enjoyed it sooo much. I just wish I could have gotten there sooner. Thanks again Shane.

We had a good strong presence!

I was hoping that Viper was gonna pull up beside Richie:eek:

I got my personal best. I'm still tuning and they closed the track down before I could up my boost. I had lousy 60's with an average of 2. teens. I definantly need some good tires as anything more than 3lbs. spun the tires on leaving but I did want to run it just like I drive it so I kept the 17's on. I was proud of my mph considering the soft leaves and had new best of 107.8 [up 4mph from my previous best]. My wife witnessed my quickest run of 12.8 but unfortunatly the time slip did not print on that run so I have no idea of my short times.
This was done on 17 lbs, an unknown chip, and a 93/104 mix. I normally am border line with knock on 93 so I mixed to be safe. The car was super consistant with all but 2 runs in the 13.0's and 106.'s. I wanted to sneak up on the boost before I left to see what mph would do but like I said they closed before I could make a run. [They turned me around at the line.] When I left I didn't turn the boost back down and it seemed like it pulled much harder up top at 19 lbs with no knock so I know there is more in it. With more boost [Hoping to get alky soon] and traction I believe I can get low 12's out of it. That will still not be anywhere near it's potential, [I still have the stock d-5 so I am probably losing .5 there], but it is my dd and I don't mind it being a little soft for the street so if I get there I think I will be satisfied for a while.

Naw, probably not. :D

had you had your priorities straight, you would not have to ask that question.:tongue:

That's just it... With age comes a better view of responsibilities and priorities. Well, at least in my case it does!! :biggrin: :tongue:

K.

Corsair231

Enjoyed meeting & chatting with you while we were in line waiting for "Shane's track cleanup". Good run when we finally got squared-away.
Hope my dump was not too loud!:biggrin:

Sorry I couldn't stick around for your "best". Perhaps we will both have alky runs next time,,,