The return of the Tool Mat!!!!!

The spring "Nasty Wendy" is talking about is an additional aftermarket spring he added to help lift the hood.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

The only spring I'm aware of is the one mounted on the hood. I have nothing on the radiator support area other than the latch mechanism.

Right. I had a brainfart. You see my old fiberglass hood didn't have a spot on the hood for the spring so I had to relocate it onto the radiator support. I had it like that for so long that it became 'normal' to me.

Talked with the supplier ....I will be getting a call from him when he pulls the first part off the mold....estimated completion of the tool is September 28 th.....:D

I think you should try fit one on a GM A body Chevelle/Buick. I think these will work and would sure open up the market for vendors . Just a thought:)

UPDATE The first part is off the tooling.:D I will get it Monday and review it on my vehicle if all is good production will start.:)

Update. I received my first part today and I am NOT happy with the way it turned out. The Mat does not install in the vehicle easily and the main issue is there is too much of an angle. All the tools and parts put in roll to the front.:(
mat1.JPG

mat2.JPG
The Good news is I can make a design change and bring the center front up approximately 5/8 of an inch and have the front sit on the header panel instead of underneath. This will make it easier to install and allow the parts to not roll so much to the front. :D
mat3.JPG

Attachments

• mat4.JPG
    mat4.JPG
    695 KB · Views: 209
  • mat5.JPG
    mat5.JPG
    584.6 KB · Views: 199
GOOD NEWS....The Tool Mat design is completed and the tooling changes have been implemented. (As you see in the attached picture.) I also implemented a material change (Not Shown) that is slightly softer and has more of a mat finish. THE NEW MATERIAL WILL BE IN THIS WEEK AND PARTS WILL BE RUN DURING THE NATIONALS. So my 50 /50 chances of having them for the Nationals did not work out.

The Mat will be available by the BEGINNING of next month at the latest but most likely sooner at both Kirban Performance Products and Full Throttle Speed & Style for a price $54.99 Life is good regards rick.

:D:D:D

DSCN1911.JPG

The new Mat material also has some advantages then the old style Mat did not. It can be cleaned easily after you are done putting your greasy, oily tools in it... ;)

A magnet in the dipped down area under the fabric to hold nuts, bolts ,& what not would be cool. Just a thought

A magnet in the dipped down area under the fabric to hold nuts, bolts ,& what not would be cool. Just a thought

UPDATED....
ALL.
The Mats are completed......I will be shipping SOON....I need to let Dennis and Mike know they are done.You are the first to know;). As you asked for them.... I made 50 pcs for my first run, this as a picture of the first 25 pcs.

This new mat is made from a thermoformed TPR (R is for rubber) that is best described a material which has both the characteristics of rubber and plastic. It has a mat finish and is softer then you typical ABS Plastic that is used on the ‘A’ pillars gauge pods. The bottom is Volara 4A foam and when the two are combined have a thickness of .200 of an inch.

Tool mat.JPG