The "Pumpkin" goes 8.36 @ 167.6 !!!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the Buick race this weekend at Cecil County, MD, but I've just read that Brian Cotton ran an incredible 8.36 @ 167.7 mph, beating the car's 8.94 @ 164 mph he ran last Labor Day weekend at Englishtown, NJ.

Also, it makes a great "birthday gift" for Jack on Oct. 5th ! :biggrin:

Link: Da Pumpkin ROCKS at Cecil County - TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

Congratulations Jack & Brian! :wink:

Claude :biggrin:

P.S: To some guys (who will recognize themselves, no names needed), please don't "ruin" this thread like last time!...:rolleyes:

Thanks Claude, it was amazing!!!! We missed you and yours, wish you could have made it. To stand on the starting line and watch my son on that 1st pass ....... truly amazing. My wife was so excited, she was quite emotional as well. Brian drove flawlessly, believe me, he thought alot about Etown and what we needed to do to have the ET match the MPH. We made 4 passes and everyone was 167mph, ET moved around depending on 60ft, from a 1.34 to a 1.50... We qualified #1 at the race for Q16 edging out John Schmidts new twin turbo Riviera, he ran a 8.455, so Brians last pass, which looked terrible from the start, thought it was a high 8 at best... posted a big 8.454!!!! I swear he drove it a 1\2 mile down a 1\4 mile track..:eek: I did a lot of thanking God yesterday...

We look forward to just running the car and having fun, my turn to run it next few times out, might be taking it out to Noble, OK in a week for that event and possibly swinging back around to BG.. we'll see, not sure I want to run that fast.. I made a pass saturday nite, ran 9.41 @ 153mph... it skated around a lot, I was hangin on, thinking I made a big run...:) I was like, damn when I looked at the time slip... am I getting too old to drive.. naa... just been out of the seat too long... :cool:

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend the Buick race this weekend at Cecil County, MD, but I've just read that Brian Cotton ran an incredible 8.36 @ 167.7 mph, beating the car's 8.94 @ 164 mph he ran last Labor Day weekend at Englishtown, NJ.

Also, it makes a great "birthday gift" for Jack on Oct. 5th ! :biggrin:

Link: Da Pumpkin ROCKS at Cecil County - TEAM COTTON'S PERFORMANCE TURBO BUICK ONLINE FORUMS

Congratulations Jack & Brian! :wink:

Claude :biggrin:

P.S: To some guys (who will recognize themselves, no names needed), please don't "ruin" this thread like last time!...:rolleyes:

Thanks Claude, it was amazing!!!! We missed you and yours, wish you could have made it. To stand on the starting line and watch my son on that 1st pass ....... truly amazing. My wife was so excited, she was quite emotional as well. Brian drove flawlessly, believe me, he thought alot about Etown and what we needed to do to have the ET match the MPH. We made 4 passes and everyone was 167mph, ET moved around depending on 60ft, from a 1.34 to a 1.50... We qualified #1 at the race for Q16 edging out John Schmidts new twin turbo Riviera, he ran a 8.455, so Brians last pass, which looked terrible from the start, thought it was a high 8 at best... posted a big 8.454!!!! I swear he drove it a 1\2 mile down a 1\4 mile track..:eek: I did a lot of thanking God yesterday...

We look forward to just running the car and having fun, my turn to run it next few times out, might be taking it out to Noble, OK in a week for that event and possibly swinging back around to BG.. we'll see, not sure I want to run that fast.. I made a pass saturday nite, ran 9.41 @ 153mph... it skated around a lot, I was hangin on, thinking I made a big run...:) I was like, damn when I looked at the time slip... am I getting too old to drive.. naa... just been out of the seat too long... :cool:

Thats a nice read Jack, you should be one proud Papa :cool:

Hey Jack, Does this mean Brian's a better driver?? :wink: :wink: :wink:
Or a better tuner?? :wink: :wink: :wink:

J.K.!! Congrats Jack and Brian and the whole crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks again Guys... Brian did an amazing job driving yesterday, he really did. As for the tuning Dave.. guess I got lucky yesterday.. :D

Saw the run from the lanes, 1st 330 Brian took full advantage of the steering wheel, I was crossing my fingers. After that just had one eye on the board feeling it was a good run. Way to go Brian and Jack.

:D
Thanks some more guys, we have the next 3 passes on vid... Richie R has the 1st pass, the 8.36... we'll be gratefully waitin to hear from him... :) I'm going to try to figure out how to dl what I have, had a nice double wheelie vid, Brian looked almost like his Dad for sure on that one.. :D

:D
Thanks some more guys, we have the next 3 passes on vid... Richie R has the 1st pass, the 8.36... we'll be gratefully waitin to hear from him... :) I'm going to try to figure out how to dl what I have, had a nice double wheelie vid, Brian looked almost like his Dad for sure on that one.. :D

GET EM POSTED :biggrin:

Great to see you this weekend Jack and congrats to you and Brian! Wish I could have got on the starting line to get some shots of the Pumpkin doing it's thing! I was up to my eyes running the car show this year. The only thing I heard around the track in the pits was guys talking about the pumpkin running! Glad to see it's back out in the spot light tearing down the track were it belongs! Being it's the great pumpkin October is always that cars favorite month of the year! :D

HEY Jack, just wanted to congraulate you and Brian again for the achievement with the pumpkin, time always seems to fly when you are with friends, just got home had another blowout on the MH, feel kinda like Phoneguy in piedmont :D, again congrats to you and Brian. Jr.