The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

well dennis

i think the other 2 options would be a block heater/digital dash and body side moldings.

but i don't think body side moldings came on the WH1's . I may be wrong on this.

one thing i did notice on this car is there is a plastic insert around the coat hooks to help protect the headliner. one other thing too is that the rear package tray is not carpeted.

My '86 WH1 Has body side moldings, I believe they were factory installed

dQ_800.jpg

lots a stuff wrong with it but it is another 52 code car. Not mine just one I came across.

fw_800.jpg

WA_800.jpg

zw_800.jpg

Definately an old popular thread I started way way back...

52 codes on the above grey Turbo Regal. I think that matches my number on my personal car.
At a quick glance you can see how you can get it down to 50 codes by dropping C49 rear defogger, and G80 for posi rear.

Interesting code is U63 for the plain jane am radio. That radio today is tough to find. Considering am fms came out in the 1963-64 time frame in GM cars as an option at least in Pontiacs. So, by the mid 1980s am/fm was fairly common....cassettes from GM at least int he Pontiac world came out around 1971-72 time frame...bulky units...8 tracks first appeared in 1967 in Pontiacs...I say Pontiacs because prior to turbo Buicks that is where I learned my trade.

So, in review, owners seek high option examples and low option examples.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I find these threads very interesting, love to see what makes these cars so unique! I would do anything to have my trunk sticker, previous owner made it dissapear I guess when he decided to paint a WH1 all black....
I wonder how many of the column shift WH1's were out there in 1986 with leather like mine....CSII,twilight,astroroof,climate control, etc...

I find these threads very interesting, love to see what makes these cars so unique! I would do anything to have my trunk sticker, previous owner made it dissapear I guess when he decided to paint a WH1 all black....
I wonder how many of the column shift WH1's were out there in 1986 with leather like mine....CSII,twilight,astroroof,climate control, etc...

First based on my knowledge you have a very unusual and rare car. Plus in looking at your location any Turbo Regal is gotta be rare today. I am not sure if you have my Kirban Guuide to 1986-1987 Buick Turbo Regals but in that book I nail down the number of 1986 T-Types that received leather either tan leather seats or grey leather seats. What is not known in that figure is how many ended up in the combination you have.

Obviusily, whoever ordered your car when it was new ordered it specifically and probably had to wait a period of time for it unless a dealer ordered it for display. Again these are my guesses on the background.

Here is the facts on the leather seats in 1986 exactly 124 T-Types got grey leather and 55 got the tan leather. I have owned one 1986 black T-Type that had tan leather in all my years of buying them.

Door panels would all be the standard T door panels not the limited style that came out in the 1987 Limited Turbo Regals.

As for the trunk ID label as I refer to it....

Here is my suggestion.....no one legally reproduces them because of GM license etc
what you need to do.....is find a 1986 regular regal or contact a junk yard and have them cut out that part of the trunk lid that has an original label. This will give the format and font style (type style).

That will give you the format and then have someone computer match the font style etc and get a laminated copy made trying your best to match up the codes to correspond with your car.....it will take time but the end result is worth the effort as you do indeed have a rare car if it is in fact equipped like it came from the factory.

Would also help to figure things out if you could nail down the selling dealership back in 1986 and if they are still i business having records on that car or invoices.

Unfortunately, Pontiac is the only GM related company that offers a service to research the cars and they do Pontiacs mostly designed to identify real GTOs as plenty of fake ones have been built over the years. (My good friend runs that service) Unfortunately my deep connection with Buick and records their offices in Flint where long ago disbanded....Flint Michigan is not like it was back in the 1980s....related to being known as Buick City.

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Thanks Dennis, always good to hear your opinion on these things. Time to jump in the hot tub time machine and find that trunk code!

Here is my suggestion.....no one legally reproduces them because of GM license etc
what you need to do.....is find a 1986 regular regal or contact a junk yard and have them cut out that part of the trunk lid that has an original label. This will give the format and font style (type style).

That will give you the format and then have someone computer match the font style etc and get a laminated copy made trying your best to match up the codes to correspond with your car.....it will take time but the end result is worth the effort as you do indeed have a rare car if it is in fact equipped like it came from the factory.

Would also help to figure things out if you could nail down the selling dealership back in 1986 and if they are still i business having records on that car or invoices.

Unfortunately, Pontiac is the only GM related company that offers a service to research the cars and they do Pontiacs mostly designed to identify real GTOs as plenty of fake ones have been built over the years. (My good friend runs that service) Unfortunately my deep connection with Buick and records their offices in Flint where long ago disbanded....Flint Michigan is not like it was back in the 1980s....related to being known as Buick City.

Actually, there is a GM archive in Canada that provides some generic info but there is another place (I cannot recall off hand), that can provide the info such as the dealership where the car was shipped to. I had this done for my ttype so I know it's possible. I'll dig around and see what I can find for you...

Here's the "legal" decal info: http://www.ecsvin.com/index.php
NOT CHEAP but, apparently licensed.

Call this guy here: http://www.window-sticker.com/

I contacted him for my window sticker and I think it was he who gave me the info to locate and contact some GM location that provided the original shipping info for my car and helped me to locate the dealership it came from. Again, none of this is cheap but it is informative and will help you to get all the info you need.

Good Luck.

bringin back the dead

here is my t. could it be a turbot or a regal with the turbo option

At the other end of the spectrum would be the fewest codes listed. My personal Turbo T has exactly 4 in each row of 13 rows for a total of just 52 codes. Doing some quick math with my car I am thinking somewhere someone has one maybe with just maybe 48-50 codes which would be very low. My car has tilt, cruise, and had factory body side molding for example.
lablerpo004_zpsf3df7e9c.jpg

not mine but pretty low code count.