The Numbers Game with the (SPI) Trunk ID Label - Kirban

here it is '84-'85 Riviera T-Type. You don't owe me one, I was not supposed to be in this contest.

Attachments

• cometic 006.jpg
    cometic 006.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 109
kirban 2 cents worth

I guess mr amc guy will post the photos tomorrow. One wil show the emblems and the other one will show the riv production emblem with the 3 prototypes that Molly made originally. He also will be posting tomorrow nite after 6 pm the next contest. It will require probably 4-5 correct answers.

Since this contest is now void those that participated will be able to "play" in the next one.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

kirban 2 cents worth

Appreciate Mr AMC GUY for posting this for me.

This shows all the emblems I was seeking in the recent contest. I am missing the one in my private collection that appeared on the front fenders of the 1983 T-Type and possibly some of the 1982 1/2 GNs.

The rarest of the group is the plastic one from the dash of the 1981 Pace Car. Each one was numbered. This is number 147. (Going by memory as the emblem is at work). Rarer yet, I also have one that is blank with no number shown. The 1986 Century Gran Sport had these on the front fender and a slightly smaller version was on the dash.

Perhaps the coolest one is the turbocharged Riv one since it is one some turbo owners like to put on their turbo regals usually on their console.

The LeSabre GN is dead on the same size as the Regal GN version only its solid red. This was only in the GM books a very very short time maybe 1987-1988 and then it was gone.

Again great effort on those that participated, it's ashame their was so much "gray" area that made it rather difficult to have a clear cut answers for the questions involved.

Next contest will be better fine tuned!

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

New contest tomorrow and next photo post tomorrow will be the very rare prototype emblems for turbocharged Rivs.

Very interesting contest and thank you Dennis for the emblem. Something kept sticking in my head about the missing models being a Turbocharged Riviera but I could not find a photo anywhere of the logo for confirmation. Lots of info on the Turbo Riviera but no where did they show a photo of the emblem. Where was it located on the car?

Attachments

• Emblem Turbo 6.jpg
    Emblem Turbo 6.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 105
Hello,
While people looking at these emblems - anyone know which car this one came on. It is the same as the one used for the 1986 (and other year?) Turbo Regal dash but the power six is all red.
http://lesabret-type.com/images/Host/GN Emblem 01.jpg
Thanks - Peter

Saw this photo yesterday on your site when I was trying to find the Turbo Riv Logo. Hopefully someone here will have an answer.

Attachments

• Emblem Turbo 6 Logo Unknown.jpg
    Emblem Turbo 6 Logo Unknown.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 97
Here is the unknown emblem, can anyone ID it?

Attachments

• Emblem Turbo 6 Logo Unknown.jpg
    Emblem Turbo 6 Logo Unknown.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 107
kirban 2 cents worth

Got me on that emblem it surely looks like the same size that sticks in the dash trim panel on the 1984-1987 GNs...being all red would signify to me at least it was for a non turbo GN...perhaps the 1986 LeSabre but having had 2 of those cars they did not have that emblem on the dash that I recall.

If only a few exist and since I have never seen one my guess is it is another prototype possibly?

Anyrate..its positive proof that "kirban" don't know everything....but I stil believe I would score pretty high on a test on these cars.

Great research guys will have prototype riv turbo emblems to mr amc shortly to post...think you will find them interesting...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Always learning......

kirban 2 cents worth

Got me on that emblem it surely looks like the same size that sticks in the dash trim panel on the 1984-1987 GNs...being all red would signify to me at least it was for a non turbo GN...perhaps the 1986 LeSabre but having had 2 of those cars they did not have that emblem on the dash that I recall.

If only a few exist and since I have never seen one my guess is it is another prototype possibly?

Anyrate..its positive proof that "kirban" don't know everything....but I stil believe I would score pretty high on a test on these cars.

Great research guys will have prototype riv turbo emblems to mr amc shortly to post...think you will find them interesting...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

Always learning......

The emblem looks pretty used. Could it be that someone just painted the 6 all red with a flow pencil because they liked the look?

The emblem looks pretty used. Could it be that someone just painted the 6 all red with a flow pencil because they liked the look?

kirban 2 cents worth

Based on the fact none of us have ever seen one before your probably rite someone painted it....easy to do.

kirban

kirban 2 cents worth

Based on the fact none of us have ever seen one before your probably rite someone painted it....easy to do.

kirban
Hello,
I have an '86 LeSabre Grand National and the emblem was not for that car. The emblem was sealed in a plastic bag when I bough it and is still in excellent shape. The spots on it in the pic are just dust. I have looked at it with a magnifying glass and it gives no appearance of having been re-painted.

I had seen one on eBay and one at a swap meet - both identical and both sealed in plastic. I would have bought the second one but the owner had it priced as though it was made of solid gold. Not sure what it was for, but I firmly believe it was not just a Regal dash emblem someone cobbled up.

Thanks - Peter

Hello,
I have an '86 LeSabre Grand National and the emblem was not for that car. The emblem was sealed in a plastic bag when I bough it and is still in excellent shape. The spots on it in the pic are just dust. I have looked at it with a magnifying glass and it gives no appearance of having been re-painted.

I had seen one on eBay and one at a swap meet - both identical and both sealed in plastic. I would have bought the second one but the owner had it priced as though it was made of solid gold. Not sure what it was for, but I firmly believe it was not just a Regal dash emblem someone cobbled up.

Thanks - Peter

That's interesting. Hopefully someone knows and an answer will appear.

kirban 2 cents worth

As promised here is the actual turbocharged Riviera emblem along with 3 different prototypes that Molly did originally before the final design was decided on.

The one that resembles the closest to production I put under the production one. As you can clearly see all 3 prototypes have the 6 symbol overlapping the "correct" way versus what the production one looks like.

Who knows what happened 26-28 years ago....

I was very fortunate enough to get these from Molly several years ago. Some of you may recall I took a 9,206 mile road trip around the USA in 36 days in a 199 Corvette frc.

One of my stops was to see Molly in Huntingdon Beach, CA. At the time of my visit he was unpacking in a new location and stumbled on these emblems which he gave me. (Great timing)

Appreciate Mr AMC posting for me.

new contest coming later tonite...

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

comments welcomed....

Attachments

• Emblems Turbocharged Riviera & Prototypes (Medium).jpg
    Emblems Turbocharged Riviera & Prototypes (Medium).jpg
    49 KB · Views: 87
kirban 2 cents worth

Quik update Mr AMC GUY will be posting the next contest after 9 pm tonite it will require 8 correct answers to be a winner. Interesting enough I did our Turbo Inner Circle email today which we do every wednesday it reaches 2,500 members and I did an article on the V6 emblems. I already got an email from one of our customers who just bought a real 1981 Pace Car.

I do weekly emails to my customers which replaces the printed Grand News that we did for over a dozen years...If anyone knows how to rename my thread I like to change it to KIRBANS AUTOMOTIVE TRIVIA HISTORY without screwing up my counts or position in the turbo lounge. Since it is not 100% on trunk ID labels.

If any of my readers can do this send me pm as I would like to do it. Just a thought.

kirbanperformance.com

kirban 2 cents worth

This contest shows 3 partial shots of 3 different cars.

To be a winner, you must nail down the exact year and make of each in the SAME POST.
That will give you 6 of the answers.

Additionally you will need to explain from where I removed the 2 screws and the harness.

So, it takes a total of 8 correct answers in the same post to win.

Clues on the 2 screws and the harness are as follows: One is found on every year 1984-1987 Turbo Regal the other item is not. While you may be correct in your guess you have to state where I removed them from the cars. The screws are a set of 4 for the car.

One guess per category per post!

Everyone can play except MR AMC and any Turbo Buick employees.

Prize value I have some original Mitchell repair books that cover our cars with actual part numbers and prices back when they were new. You are playing for one of them. This is what a body shop would have used back then prior to computers today to figure out parts and labor rate etc. Book coves all the basic GM vehicls from that time period.

as the saying goes the clock is ticking......

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I will try and acknowledge correct entries and since its a multiple answer keep in mind your answers may help someone else who is playing. I will not be at a computer after 3 Thursday until late Friday nite!!!!

Attachments

• Photo 1 (Medium).JPG
    Photo 1 (Medium).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 218
  • Photo 2 (Medium).JPG
    Photo 2 (Medium).JPG
    50.4 KB · Views: 210
  • Photo 3 (Medium).JPG
    Photo 3 (Medium).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Photo 5 (Medium).JPG
    Photo 5 (Medium).JPG