The New Guy From NewZealand

VB just got a mention in petrolhead magazine for the second time last time was for the masterton burnout comp :D

IMGP4835.jpg

also rockers are all in and operational but its raining and even at 7psi is to much of a handfull on wet roads so no tuning as yet

well seems the roller rockers gained some grunt went out tuning the little green beast few WOT runs at 10 psi then turned it up to 12 diff started to moan a little could just hear it wound it up to 14psi tipped in 20L or pure 110/130 avgas on the side of the road when it got real low on fuel .added a couple or 3 degrees timing and proceded to twist the diff enough that it dropped heaps of oil LOL then 5 minutes later yet another world class T5 **** 3rd gear think we gained some torque :biggrin:

You really need to go with an auto so the tranny won't crap out as often. Glad to hear you're developing more power with it though.

cheers mate the only direct bolt on auto we can really get here is the T700r4 and i dont think one of them would stand a chance behind this thing without a lot of money put into it ide try one but the guy who owns it just isnt keen but he needs to do something cant just keep fitting new ones

hmm so our LN3 engine which is the same as an 89 lesabre runs same pattern as 60 degree v6 chev ive been trying to find out for a while weather it was BOP or something else we have had a powerglide sort of held up to the back of an engine looking at building a plate to suit :biggrin: but thats for the altered drag car

Well the engine you have is the same one we have in most GM FWD cars and it switched to the smaller bell housing design. This adaptor should help you get a stronger tranny but you will have to adapt the flexplate on the engine for the torque converter. If you're started is on the left hand side (our drivers side) then it is the FWD bell and it should work for you.

There's also a kit you can get that has all the adapters you need but it's around $800 US here so I doubt you'd want to get that one since you seem to be able to do most adaptation yourself.:biggrin:

yeah starter on the same side as our turbo your drivers side our passenger side .some people are fitting turbo 400's with adaptors we may have to do the same or go a hollinger or osgiken manual box :biggrin: but they are big money

I'm guessing that's right behind the front wheel? Is the car now a trailer queen until it gets to the track?

its allways gone to the track in a truck anyway :p could drive it to the track and back no worries :cool:
welllll did the exhaust and CAI make a difference hell yes LOL dropped the fuel ratio 1 whole point 10.4 yesterday with exhaust and engine bay pod 11.4 today straight off the bat its dangerous now rips the tyres off the road the moment boost hits and holds it to the limiter nasty axle tramp at high speed was funny as bring on the drags
YouTube - 19 07 08 0826
YouTube - 19 07 08 0648
YouTube - 19 07 08 0646
and the one youve all been waiting for DRIVING it
YouTube - 19 07 08 1234

what the tyres look like after 15 minute tuning session LOL no burnouts on them
IMGP4861.jpg

high tech CAI yes we cruising with no headlight LOL
IMGP4866.jpg

thought i better take a look at a log from todays tuning seems 60lb injectors are maybe not gonna last long they are at 79.6% DC

yeah had to strees test it .if the engine handles that it should last the weekend at the drags fine .now we just have to hope the hoosiers still have enough meat on them and handle the weekend and the gearbox but the last one handled the drags ok they just die on the street

been getting stuck in to the 454 wagon again firewalls ready for paint tomorrow so we can fit the engine and trans.
man i love spray putty smooth as a babys bum
straight off the gun ready to sand not that it needs it LOL then paint
IMGP4880.jpg

IMGP4871.jpg

IMGP4883.jpg

IMGP4884.jpg

Gunmetal grey? I like the look but we've had issues here with the color holding up to the weather.

yeah charcoal grey mettalic last one i painted this sort of colour in nitrocelulose laquer held up ok will live inside most of the time anyway just have to redo the black lower section where the masking paper fell off and i primered over the last lot of black LOL