The New Guy From NewZealand

well got me a new toy today :D car loaded with crap 2 spare wheels 3 manifolds and ypipes heaps of tools and me and my mate in it did numorous back to back 6.4 sec to 60mph .not enough road to do full 1/4 mile but did 9.7@75mph 1/8th runs. good baseline before the new exhaust ,more boost and further tuning .dont pay attention to the HP i havnt weighed the car as yet so it was a little guesswork on curb weight plus a little extra for all the extra weight hunting out a weighbridge now

Attachments

• delco HP.jpg
    delco HP.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 491
well went for a quick drive today shes to windy to do 1/4 mile runs but did a few power runs with one less person still have a boot full of **** but she was way better on the power readings.think i found my slow 1/8th issue as well measured my toe with a tape measure LOL front is toed out about 20mm LOL heres today and yesterdays 2nd gear power runs overlaid quite a difference

Attachments

• less car weight.jpg
    less car weight.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 463
got the last drags in our area for 2 years in april then they are over until the new track is built so get one chance to go out and get in the 12's .ide be happy low 13's first time out but would be more stoked if she runs high 12's.have a full manual transgo shiftkit im putting in the T700 on friday spare valvebody is kitted ready to fit.have the 3" exhaust all on will turn up the boost as soon as the klit is in its only at around 5 psi at the moment so give it another 10psi for now its as high as my 2bar map sensor will go i may cheat another few psi out of it for drag weekend.been busy building another car for the drags for someone else yet another boosted buick :D but far lighter early girl VB commodore .another cheapo T70 and 450x300 cooler in this one due to room issues short cooler pipework in 3" throttlebody on the opposite side should have it finished this week.also built and fitted 3" exhaust for the sc14 powered beast flowmaster muffler and hotdog resonator

Attachments

• 04-07-08_1828.jpg
    04-07-08_1828.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 440
  • 04-07-08_1836.jpg
    04-07-08_1836.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 448
  • 03-07-08_2225.jpg
    03-07-08_2225.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 439
  • 04-07-08_1739.jpg
    04-07-08_1739.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 446
  • 04-07-08_1826.jpg
    04-07-08_1826.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 458
not a good pic but swapped the throttle to the other side cooler pipework is under 1 meter long.took it out and tuned it today only tuned to 7psi today after 300km of driving while tuning shes pretty spot on had it in 5th gear just about hitting the 6000rpm limiter so somewhere well over 200kmh be like 250-260kmh so plenty of power being made so far boost comes on at 2000 full on by 2400-2500

Attachments

• IMG0156A.jpg
    IMG0156A.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 437
well great weekend of racing we just had sc14 vr did 14.2 @100 my station wagon was doing 13.9 @ 102 on 9psi and spinning most of first off the line and the best of the whole weekend was the little old 1981 Vb she did a lot of 13.3's with issues getting off the line then the last run of the last day pulls out a 12.6 @ 109 on only 12psi stoked as with how we did . big night on the piss last night at the track as well great weekend bring on the next one and ill lock my diff and be able to launch on boost and get the times down

Take a pic of the rear in the car, if you can, on a lift. We may be able to help you set it up better so it won't spin the tires as much.

i didnt even have an LSD didnt help the vb we had locked the diff with the trusty welder i just couldnt be bothered welding mine cause i hate lock diffs on the street they get annoying.next time ill minispool the diff and run something bigger than a 215/65/15 LOL the vb had 245/60/14 eagers on it helped.he actually just left hes stoked as with his weekend so am i was a good couple of days out we are allready preparing for some more racing coming up in a different area of newzealand .bit further to drive but has to be done ADDICTED LOL

Looked good but the other car walked away from you. You really need a posi and some work on the rear suspension.

i think i have the way to fix my issues just got this :D its actually metallic blue to purpleeish colour not the grey it looks.same year and model but sedan and has all the sports suspension limited slip diff etc that the wagon lacked should handle lots better as well as get some better traction once ive shimmed up the LSD a little tighter.will be fitting the turboed engine out of the station wagon into it

Attachments

• 104559465_full.jpg
    104559465_full.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 399
Looks like you had some fun there. Did you pop a couple of tires? I heard a few pops that sounded like you did.

yeah 3 or 4 popped tyres 3 sets in all.he also a popped T5 manual gearbox no 3rd and 4th any more and the engine did get a tad hot LOL but was still driving when it went back on the truck at the end of the day :D was built for abuse drags burnouts trackdays etc. have a spare engine and box allready waiting LOL.engines are only $150 bucks every time he blows one :rolleyes: gearboxes are a bit more expensive though

well the new car is all up and running and turboed goes great still a handfull on boost:D but will get better with some new suspension bushes.the vb burnout/drag car now has a 222@0.050 0.465 lift turbo cam just gone in yesterday hopefully wakes it up a bit more .found the water leak blew a welsh plug on the skidpad .so all new ones installed new cam bearings valves lapped in and new stem seals on the guides fixed all the oil leaks and polished everything alloy should be in the car next week ready for tuning to suit the cam.then bring on the next drag weekend