The New Guy From NewZealand

the diff centre and axles are only just sitting in there with a few bolts holding it in and no clips on the axles so they can come out by accident .hopefully this week we will get the diff all finished and the driveshaft tube and get some brakes on the thing and we can stall it up and see if we can build good launch boost on our convertor we had slapped together.anyone got an electric waterpump they want to sell cheap once its got the diff and brakes and a water pump we will be out for some testing

no idea LOL wastegates didnt even have a boost source and it was raining so i didnt log it with the laptop either :cool: they take a beating its running on pure 130 octane avgas and timing is pretty safe good enough for 14psi on 95 octane let alone the good stuff .thats just a quick slap together tune made from a single turbo tune i had for another car i tuned with same engine its a later version 9:1 comp engine.once we get some brakes we might be able to stall it to see what launch boost we can get out of it at the moment we cant even get boost before it spins and while its spinning in 1st and 2nd theres not really much boost 3rd it gets humming.we just got excited and had to make sure it was gonna work :biggrin: need an inline electric water pump and some brakes and we are off to test it for real

Looking foward to see how she does when you get it completed. I think you're going to suprise quite a few people once you get to the track.

yeah the little green car is surprising people this is about half the weight :biggrin: after his first sit in it with it driving the wheels i think the owner is much convinced that the v6 is worthy (chev v8 nutters) LOL

so got a little unhappy with holdens/GM's inner gaurd finish so i took to them with a hammer and some paint :D straight off the gun
IMGP5385.jpg

IMGP5387.jpg

also hit the booster and wiper motor with the base and clear too :D
IMGP5388-1.jpg

IMGP5390.jpg

heres what we have as a rear suspension setup charlie not very good pics but what i could get while it was raining and the car was in the air .i will set it up level soon and take some measurements and get some ride hieght pics if i can fit the camera under there
IMGP5394.jpg

IMGP5393.jpg

IMGP5392.jpg

IMGP5391.jpg

IMGP4860.jpg

Looks a lot like my friends 63 Impalla rear but with discs on the back. I like the way it functions but with a little work it can really be made to hook hard. Thansk for the pics.:cool:

hooking hard is what we are after :cool: best 60 foot in the 1.7's so far.im sure we can get that down with some traction and get into the 10's on the 1/4 maybe or at least damn close to it.its surprising people doing 11.7@118-120mph on a stock NA 3800 engine with a cam LOL more boost or some ported heads will wake it up some more yet but its traction limited now

Returned PM with email info. Send me a note and I think I can help on the 60' with a few simple mods.

ok measuring day .instead of lying under the low VB i measured my daily driver which runs the exact same setup and is at factory lowered height control arms nearly straight just sitting there no driver.attached is a pic i painted up with the measurements not to scale LOL mounting points all measured from the ground at ride height

Attachments

• diff.jpg
    diff.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 93
cheers mate ill break out the welder and add on some extra mounting holes :biggrin: see how it responds .must goto bed to many hours upright LOL cheers