The New Guy From NewZealand

454 exhaust done
IMGP5665.jpg

IMGP5663.jpg

IMGP5674.jpg

damn petrol tank is on one side right in the way so they either had to come out in front of the wheels both same length which came close to the tank at the exit or down one side and back over .this way got the mufflers up out the way so they dont hit the ground.

yeah once we fire it up (hopefully tomorrow) ill get some crayon and mark the pipes after the header flanges and hold it at cruise revs and whereever the crayon burns away first on each pipe i will be fitting a balance pipe between the 2 points

edit: i hope you have kicked that landlord fair square in the ballsack too LOL

I never thought about using crayon to find the best place for the H pipe but that's an easy way to find the best place. Thanks for the idea and the laugh this morning.:biggrin:

it runs woooot and man it sounds awesome .just feeding my face at 2:30am and then ill upload a vid

exhaust is perfect listen to it bigblock 454 holden ute - YouTube shes a crisp runner balanced and blueprinted it just jumps when you tweak the throttle 5-10mm open all 8 barrels from idle and it just goes mad and sounds like it eats small children and animals

[video=youtube;8n4FS-YEHyg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n4FS-YEHyg[/video]
haha a link that works

Sounds pretty healthy to me. Not quite as bad as some of the engines we put together, but they're specific race engines and not usable on the street at all.

yeah hydraulic flat tappet cam largest isky make but still only a hydraulic not too over the top it sounds like a racing jetboat in real life just a bit quieter LOL

thats better high def video
[video=youtube;ga6g0UwF93U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga6g0UwF93U[/video]
the blips on the gas only send it to 2500-2800 i cant wait to hear this thing fully open at revs its built to rev to 6500 :D

dave the owner of the ute said he will send it over if you send him back something nice old and american LOL

The only thing that I have semi old & American is my 85 El Camino with my recovered 86 T-type's drivetrain in it but that's my baby. I don't know how I missed this post lol That paint scheme is really nice on the Ute. How far were you from the Napier Hastings area again? At some point & time probably when my son is older I'll be back out that way.

0.495 lift at the valve
231 and 231 in out duration @ 0,050
timing @ 0.050 IVO 5.5 BTDC IVC 45.5 ABDC 110 centreline EVO 51.5 BBDC EVC 0.5 BTDC 116 centreline