The New Guy From NewZealand

its reground on a stock roller cam so that would of dictated its split ide say.its custom ground (as much as he can on a stock cam) to suit the setup from the pipe size and length of the headers all the way down to our available diff ratios and while keeping rpm band down in the revs while we run a stock N/A bottomend thats done 300000km LOL. it sims up pretty good max power at 6000-6500 with better head flow numbers punched in the sim it goes further in the revs 7500 or more no way the stock block will go there for long LOL. we could of just used the same cam as in the green car but it seems pretty tame and we need it to sound the part :p

Well that makes sense. The fact that you're planning on reving it that high means it should have a pretty good amount of power compared to stock.

picks of gts getting its new brakes and the new link pins and bushes
IMGP5609.jpg

IMGP5606.jpg

IMGP5601.jpg

more work on the starlet today fitted up a modified sump thats all ready to go bar the buldge on the base to hold oil.scored a proper TCI trans blanket this week (thanks GUY) it fits great saves making a scattersheild
IMGP5727.jpg

and started looking at building the tunnel
IMGP5725.jpg

well the little green car went on the dyno yesterday power figure is in over 280kw/380hp at the wheels @ 5800 or some **** on 14psi printer was out of ink awaiting printouts via email and over 600nm of torque at 4800 :p

Glad to see you back and updating the thread. What's the conversion from Nm to Ft/lbs though?

exactly the same LOL noting has changed since last time.it just went 8 flat on the 1/8th launching in 2nd gear cause it wouldnt shift to 2nd .turbo 350 and stall is going in very soon

update time and its pretty big and full of awesome win :p

so the starlet goes to get its cage this week so we had to get it ready :p 1 night and 2 guys with a 1mm cutoff wheel later and its ready for its cage and 4 link rearend to be fitted

i didnt get the before shots but here it is on our first workbench after picking it up and cutting out the rear while we could get under it
IMGP5883.jpg

IMGP5885.jpg

IMGP5887.jpg

now offloaded onto the shed floor with shortened BW diff in place.some new 10" wheels and used ET STREETS that ive borrowed for mock up on also more inner gaurds removed :p

IMGP5889.jpg

IMGP5899.jpg

IMGP5900.jpg

rims and tyres for level blocks LOL

IMGP5891.jpg

front on the ground body leveled engine and trans is in allready

IMGP5892.jpg

IMGP5894.jpg

IMGP5895.jpg

28" needed some more space out with the trusty 1 mill again :p

IMGP5896.jpg

IMGP5901.jpg

IMGP5903.jpg

my mate whos shed its in is a chev nutter and had to mock up the 8 trumpet meth setup just so we could see what it would look like with a chev in it :p

IMGP5905.jpg

IMGP5904.jpg

IMGP5906.jpg

all in all a good couple of days work

That things gonna fly. Looks like the American chevette from the side though. Is it a holden or import?

yesterdays gaurd patching pic all tacked in ready to fully weld when it comes back with its cage in and we can drop the diff out
IMGP5908.jpg

IMGP5912.jpg

the old cooler out the GTS in for a looksee
IMGP5910.jpg

and the rear shot
IMGP5916.jpg

some 4link mounts :p still undecided if ill use these ones or not i have a 2nd set being cut that are a bit different
IMGP5919.jpg

IMGP5917.jpg

no real updates on the starlet its still away getting its cage fitted.so while its been away we finished another cars intake manifold and today tried to dial in the cam.i say tried as the cam card doesnt match the cam turns out what was meant to be another 222@0.050 cam is actually wait for it a bloody huge 284/290 @ 0.050 sims up at good for 650-700Hp :D seat to seat is 310/310 degrees. finished inlet manifold pic below
vrmanifold.jpg

its all been built with both front and rear lower arm bolt holes at 180mm off the ground.ive got coil overs for front and rear with unknown spring rates were to suit honda off ebay and only 100 dollars NZ.i can get pairs of springs at any spring rate needed for 120 a pair so once its all mounted up ill be able to test out what i have now and see if i need softer.at the moment i can lift the backend off the ground with the 2 rear cage bars shes light

more parts RCA adjusters for the lower arms to straighten the stearing arm geometry to avoid bumpsteer
203436054_full.jpg