The New Guy From NewZealand

yeah they bolt between the spindle which is part of the strut and the lower balljoint/pitman arm leaving the stearing arm at stock height and angle but lowering 30mm.and then i can setup my coilovers so its even lower before the arm angles get all out of control LOL

like this
images

time for testing .see if we can get this t70 to come on earlier and not rob any topend HP
removed 0.82 turbine housing and scored a 0.63 off a mate but it doesnt quite fit so its off to be lathed out 2 mm so my wheels fit then i just need to weld up the wastegate hole
IMGP5997.jpg
IMGP5996.jpg
IMGP5994.jpg

drags done and dusted first runs with the T350 and highstall at our normal 14psi getting 11.7-11.8 just like allways but down on mph 114-115 normallyu 120mph so the auto soaks up a little power or the auto just gets us to the end faster so we dont go as fast.turned boost boost controller up 1/4 of a turn to what was an untuned 17psi after looking at the boost gauge on the next run and ran 11.5 new pb best qualifier and class winner all in one weekend happy buick owners down here now LOL
video of us running in C22 2wd street turbo for a laugh as C8 super street was full to overflowing

havnt had many updates of late awaiting the new drag strip but im still here LOL.my own cars back under way have 1 month to get it on suspension and the cage work finished and maybe the engine mounted

heres the BW78 diff cut down and with the 4 bar mounts on ready to tack up
IMGP6128.jpg
side on
IMGP6127.jpg
rca's and the corrected tierod angles
IMGP6103.jpg
coilovers in the front done
IMGP61022.jpg
some more bar work
IMGP6101.jpg
IMGP6104.jpg

Nice work. How are you planning on mounting the engine? Full plates or some sort of rubber mounts?

i have 2 aftermarket engine mounts made from leaf spring bushes
IMG_0289800x600.jpg
but i dont know if it has to be engine plated for my class the rule book is vague when it comes to engine mounting .it only has rules for engine plates but doesnt say you have to use one.
last night i got the chassis 4 link brackets welded on and tonight raised the tunnel for the driveshaft to clear getting a lot done

more updates new 15x10 rims have arrived added bonus they came with tyres on perfect for street duties if so desired LOL.engine is also mounted and i should have my 4 bars tomorrow .so she will be on all its suspension tomorrow night
IMGP6194.jpg
IMGP6192.jpg
IMGP6187.jpg
IMGP6195.jpg
IMGP6207.jpg
IMGP6154.jpg

long time no posts ive been working long hours and sleeping .starlet is just sitting waiting for the next big push maybe in a week or two.but we did manage to get out for day of burnouts at the local track as a fundraiser for our new drag strip that is awaiting a surface.it just so happens we won the 6 cylinder class and came home $200 richer for our troubles so that paid for the deisel to get there and the avgas to do a heap of skids and have at least $100 left over for beers :D heres 1 vid theres heaps more of it getting punished in full HD on my channel

yeah cant wait to get some more done on it.hopefully getting a house with a shed soon and it will be full steam ahead again

new house with 4 car garage aquired move in next weekend :D let the progress continue. drags the weekend after that so we have the green car apart fitting some long overdue 130Lb on the seat valvesprings should help it make some more torque and maybe a little topend power after a retune . cant wait to see the results the old springs have done over 350000km and will be lucky to have 50lb seat pressure . fingers crossed the bottomend survives the upgrade lol

Glad to see you back again.;) I've enjoyed the vids you've posted and hopefully this year I'll be able to get mine on the road finally and have some fun like you've been having.:D