The Full Monty (FINALLY I got Pics)

okay, good lookin charlie:D but doesnt it connect from underneath? so Im up to....

1 Carb (feedback?:confused:)
2 distributor (charlie ill pm you if this dude with the headers dont get back)
3 Heat riser tube
4 Computer (wow:rolleyes:)
5 transmission inspection/ kickdown cable

how do you guys deal with these types of problems day to day?

LOL We get by kid. I remember my boss not understanding why the E4MC on a car not working right until I explained that someone had taken everything else off.:eek: He was pissed when he realized I was right and he wasn't paying attention.:biggrin: Hopefully the chips are ok but you won't be able to tell until you get a working puter.:frown:

LOL We get by kid. I remember my boss not understanding why the E4MC on a car not working right until I explained that someone had taken everything else off.:eek: He was pissed when he realized I was right and he wasn't paying attention.:biggrin: Hopefully the chips are ok but you won't be able to tell until you get a working puter.:frown:

im STILL trying to convince this dude in vegas to sell me his puter of his 1983. You can see it on the nevada craigslist.

Post a link kid. I've been burned before on this forum myself so I try to protect us if it's BS. Aj's been burned before as well so we feel some what protective about "our guys".

Post a link kid. I've been burned before on this forum myself so I try to protect us if it's BS. Aj's been burned before as well so we feel some what protective about "our guys".

so you guys are like the b4 black section rents LOL the guy as far as I know is not parting the car, but I want him to. And the last place I want to get burned is the only place I can really rely on.

heres the car

1983 Buick Regal T-type

THis is what our cars SHOULD look like
1983 Turbo Buick T-Type

how do you guys deal with these types of problems day to day?
I dumped about 700 bucks into my 79 to make it a good DD, and it was a beautiful car. GOtta remember man, these cars are 20+ yrs old. It's just best to have a different car for a DD and the buick on the side.

Looks like a solid car and for what the guy want's he's way overpriced. I doubt he'll let anything go out of the car.

Looks like a solid car and for what the guy want's he's way overpriced. I doubt he'll let anything go out of the car.

yeah, Im still lookn for a puter, and this dude with the headers hasnt responded to me yet so ill PM you about the distributor. The computer has been SOO hard to find or even find a place to get it refurbished.

Well keep looking for a puter. I'll see about posting the part number off the box mine came in for you. That might help. As far as the distributor, send me the info and I'll see about getting it boxed up for you.

Well keep looking for a puter. I'll see about posting the part number off the box mine came in for you. That might help. As far as the distributor, send me the info and I'll see about getting it boxed up for you.

find a puter link yet, still lookin here...:rolleyes:

Just use an n/a computer until you find the correct one. I might even be able to get you a turbo one from an 83 now thinking about it:rolleyes:

I wouldn't bother finding a heat riser tube unless you're looking to be 100% factory stock. It provides heat to the carb during cold start for emissions. It will also help driveability during very cold weather.

The part of the header that looks like a cut off forth tube is just a heat shield for the heat riser tube to connect to. If you have a shop manual, read about the THERMAC air filter.

I'd get rid of the stock air filter box altogether.

What's the part number for the ECM that you need? I have an 83 T-type and an 83 Turbo Riv ECM.

I'll take the other one Mike, if it's got the chips in them. Parts are always welcome for spares.

Someone post the correct part numbers for the ECM needed. I've got ECMs everywhere and I can't tell them apart except for the intercooler ones.

This is the number that's on the 83 Riv turbo ECM. It's a brand new reman from GM. I'll look for the others.

Damn!! If you get tired of getting harassed for that car, just bring it up north to my shop and I'll make some room for it!! ;) ;) I got a daughter that turns 16 in Sept.

Damn!! If you get tired of getting harassed for that car, just bring it up north to my shop and I'll make some room for it!! ;) ;) I got a daughter that turns 16 in Sept.

You are in soooo much trouble if you think an 18 YO boy won't try to impress your daughter.:biggrin: