ACDelco vs Wix - now I am a believer

Picked up a couple of these wix filters. I’ll pop one in next oil change. Not that it matters much right now. Car gets less than 1000 easy miles a year as it is.

Most of the time that your engine is running, oil bypasses the filter so I don't think the kind that you choose is very important, but I would choose one with a very good working anti drain back valve.

Now that we have "what's the best oil filter" settled, lets find out what's the best oil. :LOL:
Wix is a napa is a wix.
In the past two years oil companies have been messing with their formulas alot and the two saddest examples come from the top two best oils you could buy, but there is still good news. Two years ago Quaker State5W-30 Full synthetic Dexos1 Gen 2 oil was the best/highest film strength oil you could buy with a film strength of152,000 PSI film strength and the onset of thermal break down occurred at 290* F.

The saddest story is from Amsoil. Their old Signature Series Dexos1 Gen 2 5W-30 Had a Film strength of 141'00 PSI and thermal break down started at 305* F. Both of these oils were Fantastic in there ability to protect against engine wear.

Last year Quaker state changed their formula to meet The stupid meaningless arbitrary Dexos1 Gen 3 standards so idiots and morons would buy it thinking 3 was better than 2.

This year Amsoil changed their formula for the same reason but they had far worse results than Quaker State did.

Amsoils new Dexos1 Gen 3 formula has a very disappointing 110,000 psi and costs $16.00 a quart. Imagine what's goin to happen to the unsuspecting racers and race teams who will continue to use this oil not knowing what has happened to it.

The good news is that the new Quaker State 5w-30 full synthetic Dexos1 Gen3 oil has a new lower yet very high film strength of 133,000 PSI and costs $4.40 a quart if you buy a five gallon jug at Walmart. That jug will cost 5 or 6 dollars more if you buy it anywhere else. This is the most protective and least expensive oil you can buy. It's a no brainer.

I forgot to mention the Baldwin B9 will only fit the cars with the Biggie Oil Filter adapter that RJC Racing sells, just to be clear.