The Full Monty (FINALLY I got Pics)

do have a computer, my friend checked that when we first got the car, but knowing how much the car leaks water on that side, and seeing the surface rust on the computer im not sure how well its working.
if it has rust on it most likely it wont work.

I do have a computer, my friend checked that when we first got the car, but knowing how much the car leaks water on that side, and seeing the surface rust on the computer im not sure how well its working.

Well we have an answer now. The puter is shot and they put an NA distributor in it so they could get it to run. So first thing first. You'll need a new puter for sure, along with a CCC distributor and carb. Then we can figure out what else isn't working.

Well we have an answer now. The puter is shot and they put an NA distributor in it so they could get it to run. So first thing first. You'll need a new puter for sure, along with a CCC distributor and carb. Then we can figure out what else isn't working.

okay. Computers for these cars are probably hard to come by. Any ideas on where to get one? there is just surface rust. Ill take a pic of it a little later.

Check a non chain auto parts store first. Last year I litterally bought the last rebuilt puter for the 83 in the country but it doesn't hurt to see if some one has one.

I'll be more than happy to send you a distributor for $20 over shipping cost. I've got more than I need. We've already discussed the carb so you have an idea on it.

MORE pics

Check a non chain auto parts store first. Last year I litterally bought the last rebuilt puter for the 83 in the country but it doesn't hurt to see if some one has one.

I'll be more than happy to send you a distributor for $20 over shipping cost. I've got more than I need. We've already discussed the carb so you have an idea on it.

well that dont do me too good. what/where can I get a new computer or get mine fixed? some more pics too

Attachments

• 18260928056_ORIG.jpg
    18260928056_ORIG.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 18260928272_ORIG.jpg
    18260928272_ORIG.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 18260928280_ORIG.jpg
    18260928280_ORIG.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 18260928288_ORIG.jpg
    18260928288_ORIG.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 197
I'm guessing since you have an edelbrock carb your tv cable isn't hooked up either????
most likely.
thoes headers are not that bad i could weld them. i love a challenge.:tongue:

Yeah your Th350 uses a detent cable to control the kickdown, and if it isn't hooked up that's not good for your trans.

If you have a 200R4 without a TV cable your trans would be dead.

TH350 will have a kick down cable. If its a 3 speed, its a 350, a 4 speed you have a 200R4. SHould check the pan if you dont know what you have.

83turbo does the trans pan look like the state of il. if it does then its a 200r4.
wow the more you talk the more we find out whats wrong. you really need someone to look at that car from the board.

83turbo does the trans pan look like the state of il. if it does then its a 200r4.
wow the more you talk the more we find out whats wrong. you really need someone to look at that car from the board.

well turbofabricator like i said is really hard to get ahold of, and the other is a jacka*s. The tranny pan i have now is square. I know that the th350 trannys have a pan that shapes like Texas.

A turbo 350 tranny has a pan shaped square with one corner cut at an angle. The 2004R has a rectangular pan with a drop down sump in the back. A turbo 400 has the one shaped like the state of Texas.

The pic of the header on the drivers side is a stock one, not a hack job of a V8 design. Post a pic of the passenger side so we can see if it's stock.

A turbo 350 tranny has a pan shaped square with one corner cut at an angle. The 2004R has a rectangular pan with a drop down sump in the back. A turbo 400 has the one shaped like the state of Texas.

The pic of the header on the drivers side is a stock one, not a hack job of a V8 design. Post a pic of the passenger side so we can see if it's stock.

then is it supposed to be open like that on the end? doesnt make sense to me...

then is it supposed to be open like that on the end? doesnt make sense to me...

If you look at the air filter box you'll notice another hole in it. That's where the heat riser tube goes to help with cold starts. From the header to the air box.

If you look at the air filter box you'll notice another hole in it. That's where the heat riser tube goes to help with cold starts. From the header to the air box.

wow... great... another thing my car dont have:mad::eek::D
(pissed off chuckle) anyone have a heat riser tube? or can I make one.

wow... great... another thing my car dont have:mad::eek::D
(pissed off chuckle) anyone have a heat riser tube? or can I make one.

You can get one from just about any parts store kid, but you need to take the car there so they know how long it needs to be.

Attachments

• heat riser.jpg
    heat riser.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 145
  • Heat location.jpg
    Heat location.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 140
You can get one from just about any parts store kid, but you need to take the car there so they know how long it needs to be.

okay, good lookin charlie:D but doesnt it connect from underneath? so Im up to....

1 Carb (feedback?:confused:)
2 distributor (charlie ill pm you if this dude with the headers dont get back)
3 Heat riser tube
4 Computer (wow:rolleyes:)
5 transmission inspection/ kickdown cable

how do you guys deal with these types of problems day to day?