The best street turbo?

converter & turbof

I just bolted on a t-66, I have not upgraded my stall converter, still stock d-5. If I floor it, it will have lag, but not as much as I thought it would. I can still build boost and launch pretty hard, I will upgrade sooner or later, but this will do for now. Plus I pretty much think 1'st gear is going out. :)

Russ Merritt said:
Hey Joe

I know it's good enough to get booted for no bar in the car.....

Went 11.49 @ 117.22 on my second pass and promptly got told by track officials I was all done for the night racing......BOOOOoooo

Stock motor, GT3255E, Razors alky and TT chip. 25# boost, 28" MT drag radials, locked converter, Car has an 11.20 in it with more track time no sweat!

Scales were closed so I don't know the weight but it's an 87 Turbo T, T-tops, working ac, 3/4 tank of fuel, Weld rims, no front sway bar or floor mats and I drove it to and from.

This car had a Pats 2800. Best ET of 11.29 @ 120

madhat said:
not to take the thread, but I jsut had a question....is the TA60 much better on a stock motor than a PT51 for spool up? It seems to be ah hair smaller but I was jsut wondering if it(or a 44) is worth going to.

I pulled the front tires a foot an the air with this turbo I think it's a good turbo no need to change it until you have maxed it out it's a easy mid 11's turbo

west coast 2800 stall with 3255

i have a 3255 installed last year, this year did west coast 2800 w/lock up, seems perfect for light to light, see other mods below,very happy with combo, excellent set up for this almost daily driver, converter did help with spool up, worked good with d5, works better now, all these mods,wife can drive to work, and I can take the kids for ice cream and still have excellent power for that tailgating mustang kid.Good luck I would reccomend a converter for this turbo, worth the $400, also did 200r4 wake up kit from raptor, with hd servo, overdrive cancel switch, home made deep pan and home made pick up, transcooler with fan from an atv.