THE BANDIT vs THE GENERAL LEE (video)

BEATAV8

The Engine Whisperer
My two favorite cars of all time! Makes me happy I was a kid in the 80's.....

GENERAL LEE VS THE BANDIT TRANS AM - BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!! - YouTube

My own "Bandit" (you won't find this one bumbling around in the dirt though hahahahaha)

DSCN0608.jpg

Oh yeah can't forget... Buicks are pretty cool tooo LOL...

great video.

what is yours, a 1980?

Between me and my friends over the years we've owned

1970 - 455
1975 - 455
1977 - real bandit edition
1978 - 400
1979 - 401 or 403 i can't remember.

good times

D

Cool video, now lets launch them off a jump and see what car sustains less damage ......:)

Love watching old reruns of the Dukes just to see the Charger sailing through the air. To bad so many cars were wrecked.

Allan G.

Mine's a '79. It's stock and slow but boy she's a looker and the 4spd is good times!

Had a 79 TATA. Handled like it was a roller coaster! I really loved that car. No where as quick as a TTA or TB but a blast to drive :cool:. Your 79 is SHARP!

My two favorite cars of all time! Makes me happy I was a kid in the 80's.....

GENERAL LEE VS THE BANDIT TRANS AM - BEST CAR CHASE EVER !!! - YouTube

My own "Bandit" (you won't find this one bumbling around in the dirt though hahahahaha)

DSCN0608.jpg

Oh yeah can't forget... Buicks are pretty cool tooo LOL...

Beautiful 400 4spd. That is a mean color combination vs. the typical black/gold SE. Buddy of mine is currently doing a full rotisserie on his own 10th anniversery 400/4spd.

That is the perfect '79 combo...400/4speed with the WS-6 suspension. If I were to get another 2nd gen T/A, that would be the set up I would want. You sir, have a keen eye.

thanks for the compliments! I really appreciate it... was a long road to bring that TA back from the dead.

this is where she started out from back in '08. Car had been in this condition since ~1990. I paid $6500 for it looking like that! I really wanted it because of the color combo and the 400/4spd/WS6. Plus it was optioned weird... It's got A/C but no radio!
PC270110.jpg

Sometime in 2010...
PA120219.jpg

nice t/a.. my last (2nd gen) t/a was a 76 455 4-speed in golden rod yellow. that was back in 1996. I also owned a 77 and two 79's

I've always wanted a black and gold 1977-78 Trans AM after a friend of my dad's had one in the 80's. Though I'd have to update the stock power train as 185-220 hp (depending on if you get the 400 Pontiac or the 403 Olds) isn't going to quite cut it. Would also like to have a 1976 model with the SE package.

Also both shows were great, especially the 1st 5 episodes of the Dukes (filmed in GA) and the first SATB...

Ah let me have a Diablo sandwich and a Dr. Pepper and make it fast, I'm in a goddamn hurry.

Though I'd have to update the stock power train as 185-220 hp (depending on if you get the 400 Pontiac or the 403 Olds) isn't going to quite cut it.

that's for sure! The big Pontiac runs good and sounds cool, but it's no Turbo LC2. If I could ever find time/money/space, I would do a 2nd gen T/A with lots of LC2 power!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would give about anything to do that for a day LOL!

Nice TA! If I get bored of my GN after it goes back together a 2nd gen TA will be what I'm looking for.

Not a bandit!! My 74 Ram air Formula 455

Attachments

• bigbird.jpg
    bigbird.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 155