Temp of air at turbo outlet

Hot Air 85

turning parts into TR
What would be a close range of temperature of the air as it exits the turbo headed for the intake on a hot air car....worst case say hard ass running maybe 15lbs. boost?
Considering materials choices for custom IC fab job.

ABS for instance melting point 221F

im going to be finding out what it is pretty soon. im going to put a temp sensor in my intake and do some logging with alky and what not

Worst case - Expect about a 160-200F increase in temps at 15 psi.

Worst case - Expect about a 160-200F increase in temps at 15 psi.

The most efficient it could be just from the compression of the air your looking at about 13 degrees per psi. Probably more like 15-20 degrees actual since the compressor isnt run at an ideal pressure ratio at all times. Then you add ambient temp to it and see why an intercooler is worth it. Looks like about 255 degrees with 60 degree ambient temp:eek: . Your numbers look good Jerryl

ABS for IC piping?

Not only is there melting, but the material looses stength with heat. Hold 15 psi is not trivial. Has anyone ever seen anything but metal for IC piping?

Mine runs 233 degrees consistantly at the amount of boost listed with no alcohol ..

I was told a hotair runs from 200-250 degrees, and that an IC can have the potential of lowering the temp about 80-100 degrees. Just heresay..but sounds about right.