TCC Solenoid keeps going out

iwantatta

It was pointed out that i may get more help posting in the tranny section. i had posted in the TTA section.

Hoping to get some insight into possiblities why my TCC solenoid could possibly be going bad after only two years. Here is thread that i started a few years ago. Problem seems to have reoccured recently. Car recently passed smog even with this issue so it doesnt seem to be a basic maintenance problem.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/maf-problem-or-tcc-solenoid.337228/#post-3150900

Could my chip be a problem or other problems with the tranny?

I have had much trouble with metal debris in the pan causing lock up valve itself to bind and stick even if the solenoid fires properly. have you pulled the pan too look for the tranny-gold laying in the pan? do you have a manuaul lock up switch to force the locking and unlocking?I would pull the pan and check for shiny debris in there first.

Havent pulled the pan yet. Don't have a manual lock up to force locking or unlocking.

Maybe an Eric Marshal question, but do the turbo tweak chips alter how the tranny can lock/unlock?

Are you sure it's the solenoid ? Are you getting power to it, and is the ECM sending the lock up signal ? First one I had you could hear the click through the pan, then I had two from Kirbans and though they were working, I couldn't hear them click.

I disconnected the connector at the trans and drove around for awhile and the problem did not go away.

Next step to pull the pan?

Looks like i may have found the problem. Fouled spark plugs. All of them.

I had the fuel pump go out a few months ago and installed a new one. Hadn't checked the plugs since the new pump was in. From my research it sounded like a bad fuel pump can foul the plugs. Hopefully the plugs stay clean.