Quality control is going down hill.........Getting really freakin old!!!

jdpolzin

I'm posting this in the lounge instead of the feedback section becuase I'm not calling out anyone in particular here. I'm getting really really really freakin tired of poor quality control by vendors on this board. I know most things are drop shipped because most vendors dont have any products of their own and with the drop shipping method, things cant be looked at by the middle man who is making the money. It's not only vendors on this board, it's everywhere. There are some great vendors on here that I've always had good luck with so I'm not calling out everyone, just a general statement.

My Stage car has been down for 2 years now because of poor quality products. First was the rear end I had made, then 3 sets of brakes for this rear end, then the output shaft in my trans, and it keeps going downhill from there. Each failure of checking these for quality has costs me huge losses. Not only is this continually happening to myself, but also other peoples cars that I have built.

Now, we have a car we are trying to get ready for the Power Tour, which is one month away. The cam was shipped to us and was bad, we pay to ship it back, and guess what it comes back to us still unusable. Now, with all this downtime, if we get the car together and ready for a trip across the country in time, I'll be totally amazed. We were told by the manufacturer to take it to the machine shop and get it fixed. Guess who absorbs this cost? Yep us. The machine shop machines this cam but guess what, it still doesnt work. Now if this cam fails, who's fault is it since it was altered? This is just one good example.

We buy a set of fuel lines off of Summit, they come in and are supposed to work with our fittings, per the salesmen. Guess what, they dont. We call and the salesmen he says they dont make fittings for that particular hose. Why the hell would they sell a hose that you cant get fittings for??

Another situation is an exhaust system that shows up with one muffler, mix matched clamps that arent even the right size for this exhaust system, etc. I could keep going on but my particular details arent the reason for this post.

This lack of quality control costs those of us that are building with these parts a lot of money and a hell of a lot of downtime and extra work. At least try to look at the products that you sell before it goes out the door. If you dont have it available, dont charge our credit cards until it ships. If you dont know when it will be available, tell us it's not available, not that it'll be two weeks, then another two weeks, and yet another two weeks. Just say it, you dont freakin have it. Go find it somewhere else. If your pruducts are f'ed up and cost us money, why dont you offer to make it up to us guys? You want our loyalty, how about the same respect back to the ones that pay for your livelyhood? Things need to start to change if you guys want to keep making money on us. This market and community is getting smaller and smaller by the minute.

I'm in the same club!:( My money is always as advertised...........the product, not so much. Then the hassle of getting it straightened out, more wasted time and to me - time is money

Its in every profession Qualty control suck in the states.Its ever worse over seas
I went through four radiators on a Lexus rx400. The vendor kept sending them untill I gave up and ordered it from Lexus . It was alot more money. I watch the paint on all the new cars and find imperfections all the time. I know how you feel.

I just pisses you off don't it!! I lost a week with my car because of the tires I ordered on-line. They sent me three 16" and one 17"!! Kumho mis-tagged them. Plus I flet like a real a$$ when I went to get the tire mounted.

Its in every profession Qualty control suck in the states.Its ever worse over seas
I went through four radiators on a Lexus rx400. The vendor kept sending them untill I gave up and ordered it from Lexus . It was alot more money. I watch the paint on all the new cars and find imperfections all the time. I know how you feel.
SAME OLD STUFF....DO MORE WITH LESS!!!!! IT'S EVERYWHERE...HOW DO WE AS CUSTOMERS HOLD BUSINESSES ACCOUNTABLE????IT SEEMS THAT''OUR TIME" MEANS NOTHING...

This market and community is getting smaller and smaller by the minute.

It'll hit the desireability of new people in the market for these cars too. You will always have the guys who like to tinker with some obscure 4 carbed English jalopy that wont be scared of these cars but if there is no supportive aftermarket with quality at a somewhat reasonable price-these cars will be a novelty-if they aren't partially like that already. Values will take a hit too.

I'm starting to get a dose of reality myself. I haven't even driven my car around the block yet and I'm finding out I need to get some more expensive nick nacs. I'm trying to stay positive but if I was to do it over again-aquiring a 25k car and taking the route its taking- I... don't know.

I know exactly what you are saying. I just posted about bumper fillers that I ordered and kept getting the run around about when I should get them. All I wanted to know was when they were going to come in so I could schedule the painter. I am trying to get the car ready for the tour again myself. I wasn't mad at how long it was taking I was tired of getting they will ship tomorrow which wasn't true. Just be honest and do what you say you are going to do.

On the other hand I also had a post about Julio/Alkycontrol. That is how a business should be ran. He does business the right way and I will let people know if I have good or bad service from a vendor. Julio is top notch! I feel the same way with Eric at turbo tweak. Two awesome vendors in my opinion. If everyone would treat their customers like they do then America would never have the Chinese made crap that it does. I choose great service over price!

Yeah this cam situation has pretty much killed our Power Tour this year. Unfortunately we had sponserships as well so I'm not even sure what we are going to do about those. What a nightmare. I'll say to, Lonnie Diers (Extreme Autmatics) and Eric are two guys I feel are on top of their game. You can tell they love what they do and care for their customers.

I have felt your pain. I'm thirty years into the Buick game and there have always been the problems stated here. It isn't all the vendors. It isn't even most of them but if you have been around a while there have been quite a few fall to the wayside. There are a select few I order from and if I am not satisfied it has been taken care of. They will continue to get my money.

Welcome to the world of high performance aftermarket parts. Measure twice and cut once doesn't apply to most manufacturers. You really need to have a machine shop with competent tool maker around if you want to be able to e able to have little down time. Trying to rely on parts arriving and being a bolt on will leave you scratching your ass almost everytime.

Well, got a couple boxes in the mail today. One box was my new 50lb injectors that were tossed in a box loose, no caps on the ends, no padding around them, no packing, just thrown in a box and shipped.:mad:

the other box, which was packed well contained my new 6x9 adapters that showed up broken in two pieces. Not the fault of the seller though.

Found out today that our custom "hot air hybrid turbo that flows more than a 33" that was bought from another well known hot air member, is actually just a 33.:mad:

Sh*ts getting old.

I think we all have had things happen here and there but man, you sure take the cake! Sorry you're going to miss the power tour. It seems that service overall is going downhill more and more. Best of luck to you guys getting the car together. Call Duttweiler, he may be able to get a cam out for you.

Peter

Just sat an hour with a guy who is with a company who distributes all the stuff you need to remodel a bathroom. He said that they have to use Chinese product to stay afloat in our heavily slanted market which favors foreign production. After all the breaks, they get the chinese product for 15% of what it would cost to make it here. Only 30% is usable material, and their local labor force is strictly for quality control. Which as we all know is heavily influenced by market demand at any given time. He claimed that another 30% was sellable to 'seconds' retailers, depending on if they could slip it through because of market demand for their own product I'm sure. Which left 40% as totally unusable and which most of was recyclable, and the raw materials would then find their way back across the ocean for a second go round! Is This Insanity!!!???!!!

I don't want to go all political, but if we got control of some policies around this country, you vendors could be distributing some quality materials at competitive prices that people would pay the real difference on to have made right her at home again!!!

I know exactly what you are saying. I just posted about bumper fillers that I ordered and kept getting the run around about when I should get them. All I wanted to know was when they were going to come in so I could schedule the painter. I am trying to get the car ready for the tour again myself. I wasn't mad at how long it was taking I was tired of getting they will ship tomorrow which wasn't true. Just be honest and do what you say you are going to do.

On the other hand I also had a post about Julio/Alkycontrol. That is how a business should be ran. He does business the right way and I will let people know if I have good or bad service from a vendor. Julio is top notch! I feel the same way with Eric at turbo tweak. Two awesome vendors in my opinion. If everyone would treat their customers like they do then America would never have the Chinese made crap that it does. I choose great service over price!

Thank you. It means a lot to me.

I think in todays market the plan is to send out crap and then if the crap fails within the warranty period.. send out a new piece to replace it. Major electronics companies have been operating this way with the disposable stuff. Its cheaper to send a customer a new item that to repair a defect item. The defective stuff simply gets written off. This mentality transcends all other industries.. especially with the chinese stuff in the states. Instead of the old way of doing business of sending out a quality item.. that is serviceable.. so it has legs to it. Remember when there use to be TV repair shops, Shoe repair, appliance repair for small items,..

Customer service is only going to get worse as time goes by. As pay decreases, incentive decreases, desire to perform decreases. It gets harder everyday to find people who actually care about what they're doing.

Its like the performance shop that recently open in an area.. they come in with these great specials and hurt the existing businesses surrounding them.. eventually they close as they cant make a profit and leave the mark in the area. When crap is sold its gonna come back. Sooner or latter. Its a Boomerang effect. Companies play with this time line of that boomerang coming back and hitting them square in the head.

Sooner or latter a few companies that keep the pressure up and do what they're suppossed to will ultimately stay afloat.

Jeremy welcome to the USA were people dont give a (deleted) and just want your money..go to europe if you want quality..the europeans will cut there (deleted) off if it isnt right here we got bob or larry.."random name" that is greedy so buy's bulk from china and sells to you as made in usa, then he (deleted) you on shipping and then product sucks, this land was once a good country its just a toilet bowl right now...look at the cars that come outa the usa the whole world has been laughing at the junk we make... ive had so many problem with vendors im tired of it.. and lets not start with the shops people take there car's too.... sucks doesnt it..look how many bad feedback there is just on this board what happen to integrity and honesty in the USA?? flushed down the toilet

** it really all starts with $$ issue once economy starts to crash business owner's dont make as much then they dont have buyer's to pay top dollar for good craftsmanship... then business owners get lazy and send out a drawing to china and create a similar product cheaper.. then business owner dont give a (deleted) cuz his pockets are back to getting fatter and he can sit down and pay crumbs for something and sell it as an apple.. then people start receiving the junk realiaze its junk but deal with it... thanks to the war in the middle east where there is nothing whatsoever to benefit this land other than oil which we have the largest reserve of the gulf of mexico....i can keep going should i??

We do a lot of building up here so our chances of bad parts amplifies becuase boxes of new parts show up daily. But, it doesnt matter, good hard earned money was spent for this stuff. I want a good well built product. Whenever a car leaves my place, I make damn sure that it's built the way I would have built it for myself. I dont want anyone coming back unhappy. On the other hand, I'm doing hands on quality work, most vendors dont even touch the products they are selling.

Julio, your right about that one too, you dont see any repair shops anymore, everything is "throw away" anymore. It's too bad too. I walk through the junkyard and I'm totally amazed at the fact that there are so many new cars there. Most of them have excellent bodies and interior. You know why they are there, becuase the motor or tran blew and the cost to repair just wasnt worth it. But yet, cars are $30K and up now!:eek: Hell I looked at a new diesel pick up the other day that was $68K!!! WTF, I thought!!! But on the other hand, that diesel pick up was built to last, unlike everything else.

AMEN BROTHER!!!!! I totally agree and hate it when businesses just want your money and can give an F' about you. So called friendly businesses. We all have had our run around with these vendors. And when you say something bad about them, the world acts like you shot their mother. So anyways, I do agree that Julio and Eric M are top notch vendors and there tech/service is outstanding. They will always get me money. Secondly, can not forget to mention Highway Stars. Great customer service and friendly conversations. Then you have Bob B. That guy is always jumping in to help everyone with their issue and his equipment.

it has been my experience, I try to deal with local folks, my local speed shop is always willing to make things right with quality parts. yes it may cost me a 10-20% more but at least they are right here to take a butt reaming if need be. it does NOT pay to be cheap.​

I think the root of the problem is the consumer. Most people since want the cheapest they can get period. Some of us are the exception and seeking high quality products and service first then evaluate price. This is what I consider getting the best value. Some items I buy the most expensive others the cheapest and many times various tiers in between.

With the modern consumerism society focused solely on acquiring more stuff, the masses will continue to show off their status by how much they got. People with higher personal integrity and character ethics shun this lifestyle and are always interested in seeking quality in everything FIRST.