Quality control is going down hill.........Getting really freakin old!!!

I think the root of the problem is the consumer. Most people since want the cheapest they can get period. Some of us are the exception and seeking high quality products and service first then evaluate price. This is what I consider getting the best value. Some items I buy the most expensive others the cheapest and many times various tiers in between.

With the modern consumerism society focused solely on acquiring more stuff, the masses will continue to show off their status by how much they got. People with higher personal integrity and character ethics shun this lifestyle and are always interested in seeking quality in everything FIRST.

I agree wiht your statement in general terms. BUT......my particular problems have been with the most expensive high dollar pieces that I have expected quality.......Billet output shaft in the trans, $4500 Ford 9", roller cam, Stainless exhuast, etc. I'm more pissed becuase I did pay for the high quality, and I paid a very very pretty penny for these parts. The sum of these particular parts are more than a lot of people have into their entire car.

Yeah, I'll have to agree that quality control has gone to hell in a handbasket nowdays.....almost everywhere......places want your money upfront, and still, no satisfaction.......case in point here for ol' Brucie: Last week I took two of my amplifiers to this place that brags on doing TOP goverment electrical setups, computers, amplifiers, flat screen repairs, big sound system setups,etc. I'm using one amp as a pre-amp and the other as a power amp for this set up I have in my garage to have loud, clear, bassy rock and roll music to listen to as I work out there.....

Dropped off the amps....75 mile round trip.....picked them up four days later..75 mile round trip..and had this same discussion with the owner of the shop about quality control, as he said my old amplifiers are top quality, not made anymore like them and still works great. (one is a Pioneer Stereo from Pacex in Vietnam, 1969, and the power amp is a professional BGW that was used in my old rock band, 100 watts per channel ,1970-1980) Anyway, he said he fixed them (problem was breaking up in the right channel on the Pioneer, the BGW was fine, but I still had to pay $250 to have them checked out....:eek:

Mine you, I replaced the speakers in both speaker cabinets with top of the line 15" professional speakers of the same ohn rating as the old ones. Those damn cabinets weigh around 110 lbs each and a bitch to set up on stands (jeeze! I was so much younger playing in that band back then) Now I can hardly lift the things without busting my back, wrists, etc.

Set the system up today....guess what? Right channel still crackling and breaking up.....mostly at low volume, the same damn problem I wanted fixed in the first place......did I get my money's worth? Hell no. After a call to this guy, he gave me a checklist to go over to find the problem telling me that it CAN'T be his repair as he went over them good....(the BGW wasn't even opened up, as I had secretly marked the screws...untouched when I got it back, screws in same place, marks in same place) This guy prides himself in being in operation since 1975 and specializes in repairing old amps perfectly......top quality repairs, bla, bla,

I went over the checklist religiously.....still the same damn problem.....no one gives a crap about doing a nice job anymore, all they want is their money....so now I've got to waste time and money getting this guy to do the job again, to which by the sound of his voice, he really doesn't want to, but he has my money......quality control...customer satisfaction? Other than the vendors on this site, where can I get some? Nowhere.....no one takes pride in their work or product anymore....it's a damn shame.

Well, enough bitching for tonight.....gotta prepare for another long fight with a "professional"....and I've been through something like this before many times.....it's never pleasant. And those damn amplifiers weigh a ton!!!! Kills my back carrying them!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Jeremy I have the perfect example for you!

I was at my dads today and was working in the garage and found a fan since it is in the mid 80's I figured I would give it a try. This fan is from the 1970's and it still works! As the saying goes.... They don't make them like that anymore!!!!!

it's hard to stop audip from existing on the power tour. I won't let some slacker slow me down. If you have a problem with your turbo Buick there is one easy fix throw money at it j/j. I haven won the lotto yet!

FYI prasad with turbo farm inc. made things right what a good man. hope to be running soon

Got my bumper fillers today and I am not impressed with the quality or fit. Lesson learned. I adjusted the fit but I am still unhappy with the results. Where the fillers meet under the license plate look like $h!t I guess I don't have much of a choice.

Austin I hope to see you in Detroit. We all need to get together and go out for some steaks again. No funny business though! I am only doing the first three stops.

it's hard to stop audip from existing on the power tour. I won't let some slacker slow me down. If you have a problem with your turbo Buick there is one easy fix throw money at it j/j. I haven won the lotto yet!

FYI prasad with turbo farm inc. made things right what a good man. hope to be running soon
Did Prasad tell you he was shopping at Jo Anne Fabrics today?......

Rebuilding my suspension and realized I just wasn't going to get the ball joints and new bushings in on my own. Took all forward control arms to a 'performance' shop in the local area. Picked up the arms the next day and didn't get a chance to look at them as I was running late to starting the night shift. Check em out when I'm off shift and they pressed in the lower ball joints UP SIDE DOWN!! And they pressed in the bushings to where the grease fittings were pointing towards the metal of the arm! No way to grease them!!! They fixed this, but didn't even apoligize for wasting another day for me. I didn't want money back or anything, just an apology!

Also, this being my first time EVER doing this work and being ignorant of a lot of the little things, I took them the new upper arms and ball joints as well. Instead of them just telling me that I don't need to have the upper ball joints pressed in and that they are just bolt in parts, they went ahead and put them in and charged me for 'pressing them in'........glad it wasn't that expensive, but still could have used that cash for something else.

T his is realy bad when you make your living with these parts! Was doing some base upgrades on a customers GN yesterday and got a double bad part free redo! I was doing walboro fuel pump,hotwire,adj. reg., Got pump in and no psi. Could hear pump run but no prime! While I am under car brake fluid dripping from m\cyl that I had put in last August with hydro boost!!! Seems like every few repairs have bad part redos. Makes a guy want to hang up this gig due to parts! Been turning wrenches almost 28 years. Also heard Moog frt. end parts are made in CHINA!!!

just ran into a perfect example of the loss of quality control on friday..

i've been scrambling to get my 86 Camaro running so i can drive it to Texas in the first week of June.. i got a radiator from NAPA- the same "F body" radiator that the TR crowd buys to put in all of your cars..
anyways, i put it in and got the car running.. the alignment was off on my test drive, so i was under the car adjusting the driver's side toe rod and noticed a little water dripping from the other side of the radiator.. figured maybe i forgot to tighten a clamp on a hose or something.. nope- it was weeping around the drain plug.. i figured i didn't tighten it all the way down, so i go to give it a quick twist.. i barely touched the plug and hot water started shooting everywhere.. so i get the car outside to let it drain, and start to investigate.. the plastic plug wouldn't get tight, and i could just pull it right out.. so i pull the radiator to investigate- the threads on the plug and the threads on the insert in the tank were both stripped off. i was getting ready to take it back to NAPA and wait another 3 days to get a different radiator when i remembered that i had an original radiator out of an 82 Trans AM.. the plug on that one was nice and tight, so i took it out and sure enough the insert and plug were the same as the new radiator.. so i put it in the radiator, put the car back together, and it's good to go..

the moral of this story is that Harrison Radiator made better radiators in the USA 30 years ago, and that you are making a $140 gamble when you buy one of the new Taiwanese radiators.

hello; A co-worker just picked up his HD trike and with less than 60 miles on it he had to get it towed as he couldn't unlock the steering. Then his friend who bought a brand new HD road glide at the same time as the trike had to it towed with less than 70 miles on it because it wouldn't start with a wireing problem.
new or old sh-- happens.
IBBY