'87 astro roof GN cheap! trades +cash welcome.. atr, te44, etc..

stephen p

burrick owner
first off, i'm in a bad situation, times are tough. i am looking for cash, or any trade will need minimum 1K with it. so at this point i can't do any even swaps, or cash on my end. also, i'm not able to travel terribly far.

please read entire ad before replying.

car is a 118, mile gn, motor and trans has 18k miles on rebuild from ANS performance, several years ago and i have ALL the paperwork from them, to verify rebuild, as well as all the parts on it.

the GOOD.

fresh rebuild, orange built trans, orange stripe converter, 206 cam, ATR headers, terry houston down pipe, te-44 turbo, 009 injectors, chip, rising rate regulator, kenne bell boost-a-pump, older ans knock alarm and boost controller.. 3" exhaust with cutout, spit into dual's, high volume oil pump..
also, converted to vacuum brakes

all the lights, windows, sunroof all function, car runs just as strong as you would expect it to, very reliable, good driver.

the BAD

car has some cancer, as it was a northern car for most of it's life. it's all repairable, and depending on how good your body work skills are, or how deep your pockets are, it could be considered minor. your call. i have pics of the rust in the lower 1/4's and lower doors, and the deck lid will just need to be replaced. pure and simple. underside of car is not bad, except for a soft ball sized rust spot on driver's floor. otherwise it all looks solid, and no other rust in the floors

interior is fair, needs the headliner redone, carpet is worn on driver's side, driver's seat has a couple small splits at the seems, on the seat bottoms.

odo reads 15k miles and the tach is off.. so what that means is the P/O switched out the cluster with his other gn, because the oil change sticker dated 12/28/10 reads 17.5k as far as milage. i will post the vin if someone wants to run a carfax

trans will need a TCC solenoid. ($20 part, and hour's worth of work) every thing points to that. after extended times driving in overdrive, it wanted to stay in lock up, so i disconnected the switch at the break pedal, and it no longer locks up. and for me that's not a problem since i don't do much interstate driving.

as for the title, it's clean and free of leins. the only issue is this.. i did not think i'd be having money problems and needing to sell the car this soon after i bought it. so, i went ahead and sent off for the title and got a tag about a week ago.. and it takes about a month for the state of MS to finish the title and mail it to me. i have all the tag and title paperwork showing it's in my name, and clear.. no leins, flood, salvage, rebuild, etc.. the car has my tag on it, which is good... i will do whatever it takes to show that it's on the up and up. i just am in a bind, and it's going to take the state another 3 weeks-month to send me back the title.

trades : i am only looking for other sports/muscle/classic car trades. they need to be running, and if not, VERY close. the gn is my only car. and as stated i need at least 1k cash with whatever trade, and depending on what it is/condition, possibly more.

i love fox body coupe mustangs, classic mustangs, ls1 cars, and other early 70's and older muscle cars. also really like 78-81 z28 camaros, 1968 and older cadillac

i am NOT interested in family cars, suv's, lifted trucks, dirt bikes, motorcycles, atv's, watercraft of any kind, or race cars.

price: asking 7k

located in jackson, MS
call stephen 601-951-4493
vin#1g4gj1174hp450567

more pics here

Pictures by stephenp87 - Photobucket

gn010.jpg

gn008.jpg

gn014.jpg

gn002.jpg

gn006.jpg

gn035.jpg

gn034.jpg

gn019.jpg

Price

His story was a little complicated but the price was right. If you really want to sell your car....$7000 is the number

His story was a little complicated but the price was right. If you really want to sell your car....$7000 is the number

Ehhh Not really true!! Bc theres a Blue T Type for sale and the guy is asking 5500 and noones bit on that!!

Ehhh Not really true!! Bc theres a Blue T Type for sale and the guy is asking 5500 and noones bit on that!!

Because the car has rust in some weird places, has a sticky lifter and has125k miles on the original motor:cool:

funny story.. car is back up for sale/trade. traded it to a friend of mine for a 00 z28, and some cash, traded the z28 for a syclone..... my friend who got the gn from me wants the syclone:biggrin:

also just glanced at the engine paperwork in the pics.. this car has forged pistons. look at the part number trwl248f

i'm also looser on the trade cash deal this time. so... price is the same, but i don't need 1000 with a trade like stated in ad.