Taking a risk here!

charlief1

RIP Charlie!
Well I finally got fed up with working for AZ and have put my 2 week notice in. I'm opening the shop up full time because AZ doesn't pay enough to keep me from worrying about the rent. I'm full time but can't afford insurance through them because I don't make enough to pay for it.:mad: Wish me luck guys because if I can't make it work I'll be homeless soon.:eek::mad:

Ahhhhh. I see! A friend once told me "stay small and keep it all" in other words dont over extend yourself like a lot of businesses or people have. From what i can tell by a lot of your posts on here your a pretty inteligent guy so im sure you will do fine ! :) good luck my friend i wish you well

Good Luck!!!

I know how you feel. I got cut loose last friday my self. I have been beating the bushes In hopes something will shake out, but nothing so far. I am getting ready to hit two places and go to the workforce commission and see what they offer for schooling and see if I can collect unemployment this time. Got my last paycheck deposited this morning. Anyone got a check stretcher?

What does the Zone pay per hour?

They paid me $9.50/hr and I am an ASE certified counterman. :eek: The management team was full of sh*t and I lost a lot of respect for the district manager and my store manager when both of them failed the ASE testing. False promises of promotion yada yada yada...typical retail store drama. I'm sure Charlief1 can testify to that.

They paid me $9.50/hr and I am an ASE certified counterman. :eek: The management team was full of sh*t and I lost a lot of respect for the district manager and my store manager when both of them failed the ASE testing. False promises of promotion yada yada yada...typical retail store drama. I'm sure Charlief1 can testify to that.

Yep. I'm an ASE certified master tech and as a PSM make $10.50 an hour.:mad: The screwy schedule is the biggest issue along with no hours to operate the store so I get just over 32 hours a week and have been watching my bank account dwindle to nothing, literally.

Trouble with places like AZ are that they're retail chains. There's NO money in retail unless you're an executive. I've been there before, working for WallyWorld years ago; even as a sales manager I didn't make squat and was always tired because of the screwed up schedule.

Good Luck Charlie! I know you'll make it work.

Yep. I'm an ASE certified master tech and as a PSM make $10.50 an hour.:mad: The screwy schedule is the biggest issue along with no hours to operate the store so I get just over 32 hours a week and have been watching my bank account dwindle to nothing, literally.

Did you contact your RHRM about your issue?? The no hrs to operate the store as you say it is olnly a seasonal thing anyway

Where are you opening your shop and when. I have been very blessed with my work but kinda tight on time. I would love to have a shop that I could trust to work on my stuff. I am going to be rebuilding the motor in the Syclone soon and we may be able to "help" each other out. I am PMing you my cell #. Jon Hanson

Good luck Charlie!

I did the same thing last year, and while it has taken some time to get a steady flow of cars, it has been worth it. I can't imagine working for someone else anymore.

All I can say is, don't get discouraged, it's going to take a while to build a client base. I've been at it for almost a year, and last month was the first month that I paid myself anything. It took almost 6 months for the shop to be able to support itself.

It's been tough, but the potential to make good $$ and not have to put up with the BS of working for someone else is great.