TA49 with CAS V4 How Far

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
How fast can one take these? I bought another GN and these are already installed. I was planning to upgrade the Intercooler but now I am second guessing that decision.
The turbo I planned to leave but am unsure about its capability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you can can the converter slip down and run the turbo all in it's been 10.80's on an unopened engine. There are many things that can limit that potential though. 11.30 would be a good target in decent air. If you have the suspension figured out and the air is good high tens.

To get an 11 flat high 10 will take 30lbs of boost and a 1.50 60ft

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Just to throw out the option, if the 49 is in good condition and the price is right I may be interested. Been keeping my eye out for one.

To get an 11 flat high 10 will take 30lbs of boost and a 1.50 60ft

Why so much boost to achieve 11.0?
Are you assuming stock long block?

Because the engine can't support the mass flow at lower pressures

If you can can the converter slip down and run the turbo all in it's been 10.80's on an unopened engine. There are many things that can limit that potential though. 11.30 would be a good target in decent air. If you have the suspension figured out and the air is good high tens.

Why you always have to be F'n up the bell curve for normal guys, lol.

The potential is the same regardless of motor. The only thing that'll change is the boost level to get there. 120mph or a few more is about it. What et that nets you depends on weight and ability to get it out of the whole. 11.50s or pretty close is more realistic for a true street car with normal width front tires and with all sway bars still hooked up, etc. Lots of variables to bench race your way to a high 10...

my old combo needed a small shot to run 10's on the 49,the car would go 11.1 with all the boost it could make and 28 degrees of timing.not for the timid.

I went 11.69 with stock IC and a 44 11.50 would be a good goal IMHO.injectors???.I ran 36 lbrs and was at 90%

I went the bests in my sig with roughly 29psi on a 10psi launch with a 1.52 60'. CONSISTENTLY it runs mid to high 11's at 118mph plus with anything over 25psi. Marginally touched up intake ports, port matched intake, small ft cam, but total street car. I literally change tires and race. Nothing else.

Yep I ran 30 with a Dutt neck 10.80@124 stock longblock

I went the bests in my sig with roughly 29psi on a 10psi launch with a 1.52 60'. CONSISTENTLY it runs mid to high 11's at 118mph plus with anything over 25psi. Marginally touched up intake ports, port matched intake, small ft cam, but total street car. I literally change tires and race. Nothing else.

Well I guess maybe I'm not doing too bad then, mid 11's and I touched nothing on engine except springs. I don't know where my top end MPH is though. Ok, done hijacking, sorry to get this thread off track.

Yea but can he run 28-30# with a slic v4 ?

Yep. I too have a CAS V4. That's what caught my eye on the thread title. No other changes, I picked up 2mph all else equal, switching to the V4 over my dutt neck stocker.

How fast can one take these? I bought another GN and these are already installed. I was planning to upgrade the Intercooler but now I am second guessing that decision.
The turbo I planned to leave but am unsure about its capability.

As other peeps have chimed, high/mid 11s in an unopened/full weight GN should be doable as long as the right sugar and spices are there (decent size injector, good gas, etc) Ive heard of people running 10.85s/high 10s with this combo, but the ammount of boost/timing they need makes my 'Check Pants' light come on REAL quick. :eek: