TA motor at the track

Re: Spelling

Originally posted by Buzzard
Dennis, I don't know what I would do without you spell checking my posts. Thankyou so much for the correction. I will take care of you next time I see you;) A-Hole.

hehehe:D Old farts cant type;) :eek: :D :p

Lookin good guys LOOKIN GOOD!!!

C'mon now, GOTTA have a nice sheetmetal intake on that stinker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mperacingfab.com/tb/tb_int.html

;)

So are you guys waiting for it to run a 9 before you post a track video?? Throw us a friggen bone, will ya?!:D ;)

In all seriousness congrats on the 10.30 pass out there in the desert:) :cool:

little "Club Day" at the local track today......."decent" conditions temp wise (low 80's) but DA was 2500-3000

Nick's TA motored car went 10.26@132 (think we have a video, and no, it didn't do one of those rollover launches)

D!ck Kereny's TSM car went 9.83@137

Kereny's Stage car went 8.63@161:eek:

My slug (3704 lbs on the scale today) managed a 10.60@127 (but I drove it to the track & back home:D )

Len & Paul brought Paul's White T down from LV.....it ran 9's with "no" wheelies (wheelie bars installed.....)

Nick's TA motored car went 10.26@132 (think we have a video, and no, it didn't do one of those rollover launches)

damnit, those were getting interesting........guess the HR bar works
:D :D :D

it was a fun day of racing. the hr bar worked very well on nicks car. and it was cool to see ****'s big car run that fast! his little car's not doin too bad. it will be a hard one to beat in tsm. we want to thank **** and juile for the great dinner and letting us stay with them. it was me and lisa and paul and yevett. and we had a great time. paul is leaving for the OK. shoot out and will be meeting up with glen calahan (the other alum. motor) out there. and cal is flying in. so we should see some big numbers from these cars. cal thinks glen's car should go 9.30's. and paul's car is running strong. so if the nose stay's down it should run 9.5's. good luck to both of these guys. i wish i could be there.

I did not get to see any of the races at Noble until elims ( I had car problems).The gold car was running hard,I hear he was putting the tires skyward on every pass.Unfortunately he did not get a good launch in elims.The guy driving,Paul....I guess(?) was real cool to talk to.I did not bother him I hope.He had Cal there with him tuning his FAST,so I left them alone to do their thing.I don't know how fast they got it.Hopefully someone else who was there will chime in with that info.

Anyways,it was great to see a running TA motor right there in front of me.Especially after all the negative crap some uninformed people have passed around.I hope to get mine done soon and be one of the TA powered cars there next year.

The gold car with the TA motor belongs to Glen Calahan from New Mexico, his brother Paul was driving. Glen called me yesterday and was very happy to be running mid-9's with moderate boost and no 2nd gear in the TH 400!

They made many back-to-back runs with no temp problems and oil pressure was steady and extremely good. He runs a stock cover/pump modified by TA.

We discussed his launches and will probably use a HR Parts anti-roll bar to keep the front end down and the car headed straight down the track.

He has lots of runs and driving time on this engine, and plans to have TA do a partial tear down examination of internal parts [bearings] as a precaution, and to be ready for next season.

Hopefully Cal will fill in with more details as he also worked with Glen and his car in Las Vegas a few weeks ago. I do know he runs an 88 turbo, but not sure who's?

As promised we finally have some video from the track. This was a 10.20 pass with the HR parts rear antiroll bar. This was the first test with the bar and you can see how it has straightened out the launch. The POS wolf bar that was installed improperly in the car was causing the nasty twisting on the launch. We got her straight now!! We are still running low boost due to the lack of a full cage and the necessary equipment to run in the Nines. Someday I may talk Nick into taking the plunge but for now it is a very reliable 10 second car.

:D

Click on the link below to view the video
www.arizonagn.net

WOW

That is great. I love that sound. Nice job guys. Look forward to the 9's.

That is a cool video, keep up the good work.
I am sorry the wolfe bar did not work for you.
We have gone 8.2 @ 171 with ours at about 3460lbs.

Originally posted by krom
Who was driving, Nick or you?

I was showing the "kid" how it is done!

:)

My wife was operating the borrowed video cam for the first time?

Congrats Nick!!

Looks like the car is really picking up. Did you end up putting in the solid roller lifters and some new springs?

Neal

I thought it might help.

When are you guys going out again? The weather is getting better by the day. :) Is your track open all year?

Neal

Neal, we are open year 'round, but not too many fools venture out from May to Sept.....our prime time is now until May...

we were actually at the track on Sat, but nothing went right with Nick's car, Woody's car and D!ck's car (especially D!ck's car....maybe he'll post a pic of his fire roasted GN1....)

prolly be couple weeks before we go again.......

Originally posted by azgn
Neal, we are open year 'round, but not too many fools venture out from May to Sept.....our prime time is now until May...

.......prolly be couple weeks before we go again.......

I am ready for this Sunday. Let's get your's ready.:)

Nick,

I had my jalopie out last weekend. I've come to the conclusion my 2 1/2 year old ET Streets are done. I did muster a 10.34 @ 134 with a 1.61 60ft time off the foot brake though. Keep up the good work I'm sure 9's are just around the corner.

Neal