TA motor at the track

Sorry guys, this has been a nightmare.:(

First Yahoo screws up the .com domain and they said it may be 2 months to get up again.?. .So we purchased the alternate .net domain that was SUPPOSED to be going in 2-3 days. That was over a week ago and as you can see, still no transfer.

We will do whatever we can to "persuade" them to do whatever is necessary.

Thanks for your patience.:)

Domain Name

Hopefully we will have the site up at Arizonagn.net by tomorrow. That is if everyone else does thier job.:)

Spelling

Dennis, I don't know what I would do without you spell checking my posts. Thankyou so much for the correction. I will take care of you next time I see you;) A-Hole.

It's alive!

Maybe his spelling is not the greatest, but Buzzard's computer schooling paid off as he got Arizonagn.net running!:D

Schooling

I are a collage graduate and I ken spell ok sometimes.

The site is back, woo hoo! I just tested the functionallity and all seems well. We hope to have the .com soon but for now use .net

Going to the track Friday night, if the weather stays cool. Hope to get some video up. I will post it to the site. Hang in there we will have video soon!!!

P.S. I have heard that there may be a couple of TA motors in Vegas this year. :D Bring your camera.

Still no video, will now have to wait until Vegas on Oct. 9.:(

We did get to the track last night but am still plagued with header problems, leaks of course. The "borrowed" set of TH headers leaked on the first run when a bolt came loose. Generally use studs, but in a few places a stud-nut combo will not fit, and a normal header bolt will not hold.

Even with this situation car ran 10.70. Still it was not performing well on top end. After a plug change and program adjustment on the fuel curve, the leak was still there but managed a 10.50 and a 1.4 60' time. Still cannot yet achieve our initial target of 25 psi for a full pass.

This run is where we should have had video. Pulled the front wheel and held it through the 1-2 shift!:D

Our reliable and driveable 10 sec. engine is performing well. Oil pressure is a consistant 45 psi at idle and temps 160-170 even when returning after a hard run.

Should be 2 other TA alum engines in Las Vegas on Oct. 9. in even faster cars!

nice video ,i just wait to see at race track.......:) i very like the sound of you car:D

In the stage II heads up eliminations I lost to a full stage II GN by .050 sec.:( Closest heads up race of the day!

Best time was 10.60, and still about 22 psi. Oil pressure was never below 45 psi and temps ~165 in 90 deg. weather. Very happy overall, more to come.:)

Uh, I'd vote for a better rear sway bar before he turns up the boost. Pretty wicked picture though! :D

Originally posted by Scott231
Uh, I'd vote for a better rear sway bar before he turns up the boost. Pretty wicked picture though! :D

Heh, no **** Scott! Also nick, have yer alignment guy set up the front end lifted up 3-4", I can see how toed in those front wheels are by a pic thats taken 50+ft away. That cant be good for ET *or* the drive down the track

Originally posted by Scott231

Actually, there were a couple problems found with the chassis after installing the alum motor. Almost 100#'s less on the front end really affected the suspension tune. Another item was the motor "lifting":confused:

The HR motor poly mounts were not yet done when I installed the motor. Having to use modified stock mounts, we fabricated a hold-down bracket at the bell housing with a chain and eye bolt. This still allowed too much movement of the motor. This inertia of the motor moving was pulling the right front way too high. Tightened the bracket Saturday to limit travel, and at the track last night, it just slightly pulled the front wheel.

Today we installed the HR mounts and made a few changes for our club outing next Sunday. It has a rear anti-sway bar, so this was one of the adjustments we made.

Jim, the camera does distort that wheel as to alignment, but it is actually correct. Car goes straight when its comes down.