TA motor at the track

Buzzard

TA Motor Video

I have posted video on our website www.arizonagn.net It is on the main page at the top, you can't miss it. :) You will need a good internet connection because it is 12 mb. Track video is next, we are going out friday night, weather permitting.

Originally posted by CallMeMud
Takes a while huh! Everyone should do "Save Target As" to transfer.

Only took me about 5 minutes to download with my DSL, but as you said I would not try to stream the video.... Definitely right click save as....

Nice vid! Man did I see 45lbs of oil pressure at hot idle??? You guys weren't kidding when you said it had great oil pressure:eek: Sounds very nice!!!:D

TA kicks well you know!

I know that car is turbocharged but man they way it sounds. When it cranks up sounds like it has a high compression ratio. I believe they had an open downpipe too. What a sound that thing has. That is what I plan on having one day. :D

TA motor

Only took 15 seconds to download nice.
Sounds wicked.
Can't wait to see that thing go down the 1/4

AJ :cool:

I'm sold...:D

What are the other mods on that car? Turbo, converter, injectors, intercooler, rear, etc?

What is your estimate that it will run?

Has it been dynoed yet?

short answer: BB70, Powerstroke IC, 72's, TH350, 3.42(30 spline, etc), FAST

Dynos are for wimps & Supras........

Dynos are for Wimps

Well put Woody, as always you make your point. We will not waste any time on the dyno. The track will tell the story.

That thing sounds awesome!!! I'm anxious to see some track times. What size cam?

Thanks,

Steve.

From another thread:

Here are the specs:

BMS crank - 3.625" stroke
CP pistons - 3.900"
Rods - SBC wide journal 6.200"
Cam - 224/224 billet hyd. roller
Heads - TA Street Elim. 1.94"/1.60" valves
Rockers- TA 1.65 ratio
BG intake
Throttle body - 70 mm
Oil pump - Dutweiler
Oil Pan - stock deeper 1-1/2"
Headers - stock ported

Also, I thought that it was not good to get off of the throttle so fast, causing "turbo sneeze" (when the air backs out of the interooler).

What is up with that?:eek:

that sounds very promising.... can't wait to see what it does at the track and how it holds together when pushed hard.

-GNX7

Any track vid yet? Very much looking forward to it. Any idea what it will run or post of time slips that it has run?

Much thanks!!!
Jason

Where's the A/C ??? You live in Arizona, all cars should have A/C.. just kiding, man that thing sounds mean.

That video is awsome! Is there anymore videos with someone filmming when the car is being driven or drove hard. Thats better to watch and hear the sound s of the car than BGNRA videos of turbo t's going down the track. This winter I am getting a GN, But my wife says We hafta get a house first. I cant wait.

Awesome video

This sound is the reason I sold my Ls1 ss camaro & bought another buick T. It had long tubes,4 inch exhaust, stall, etc. It sounded mean. But not like a turbo buick like this one. If it takes me 10 years I will have one like that. I know what you mean about how sweet that car sounds. I check this topic everyday to see if they posted track video yet.

You guys got enough cam in that thing or what?!!? 224/224! :eek:

Awsome job with the TA motor guys, and that thing sounds incredible! I think that video just gave me a hard on. I'm saving that one. Cant wait to see some dragstrip videos and ET's!