T3/T4 torbos

mygn86

T3/T4 turbos

Does anyone know about these T3/T4 hybrid turbos? Which side is supposed te be from the T4? I know it is old school tech but I got 1 really cheap. I just want make sure it is what the guy said it is. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Ok, I'll give this a shot.
Here at PTE, this is what is considered a T3/T4 hybrid:

T3 = the small 4 bolt turbine housing (originally came on the SVO's) but not to be confused with the TO4 four bolt housings. The Buick style turbine housing is also considered a T3 housing, but in a 3 bolt version. Sounds confusing I know. We have two A/R sizes to choose from with our new SC series turbos, .48 and .63.

T4 = The TO4E compressor cover, which is the standard style compressor cover for all of our TE series and PT series turbos up to the -1 sizes. These are what we all are familiar with in the Buick world. Ex: TE-44, TE-60, PT-51 thru PT54, T63E & T64E.

Technically, they should be called T4/T3 hybrids but the term T3/T4 just stuck for some reason.
Ok, just too review, T3 is the hot side "aka" turbine housing, and T4 is the cold side "aka" compressor cover. Most all of the turbo kits that are out there for the Imports utilize the small 4 bolt T3 flange. You can check out our website for more information about our new SC series turbos. There are 9 different models to choose from, for various hp levels. Located in our On Line Catalog in the Ford section under turbochargers. Being SVO bolt ons and all.
Anywho,
Hope this helps a little.

Patrick
Precision Turbo & Engine
Sales & Tech
219-996-7832
www.precisionte.com