Any Cadillac Techs In Here?

SGRIM

Owner/Admin TB.com
Staff member
I know this is not Buick related but I need some help with a 2015 Cadi Escalade. Anyone in here a tech or parts guy at a dealership? I am trying to find out about the updated VLOM.

I am looking for the updated VLOM, what is the part number and if they are available?

To make a long story short, lifters went bad and a bent push rod. We fixed put in all new lifters, and had it tuned. Well anything over 1/3rd throttle or so the check engine light starts flashing. It is a P0300 code. You can not feel a miss at all, but the scan tool says #7 is where the miss is coming from. We did not replace the vlom because couldn't find one. We ohm'd it out and one is off, so I am hoping that is the problem. We changed plugs, coil, and injector on that cylinder. Leak down is good and has as much or more than the other 7 cylinders. So the VLOM is the only thing we can think to try....

I worked on the equipment that made those plates at GM Rochester and those are the early version . I'm not sure you can replace individual solenoids because of the way they are " wired " or should I say hydraulicly riveted to a + & - buss bar ., then flow tested .
I don't believe there is a difference between the Chevy , Cadillac & GMC plates of the same size motor , but not 100% sure .

Last edited:
I worked on the equipment that made those plates at GM Rochester and those are the early version . I'm not sure you can replace individual solenoids because of the way they are " wired " or should I say hydraulicly riveted to a + & - buss bar ., then flow tested .
Yeah, not individually. I am trying to find the entire VLOM. Two are available on ebay at a 100%+ plus mark up

They are on a massive back order at the dealer last one I installed took a couple months to get.

Shane, my "SWAG" is the VLOMS are the same for the different brands.
If you haven't seen the TSB on the issue, this is the latest I've seen.
Do you know if they changed the filter under the cover?
Is there a NC emissions law you have to pass?
HTH,
We discussed that filter, I am not sure if they changed or not. With one of the selinoids ohming differently than the other 3 we are hoping that is the problem. While apart I will make sure they change it. I just can't find a new VLOM, other than one on ebay for an outrageous price of $800

There are delete kits out there . Summit has some listed .

Shane, here's a link to a lot of info.
Make sure the parts are GENNIE Gm stuff such as the lifter buckets and lifters. Lots of chatter on this @ LS1tech.com.
The cheap Chinese shit is unreliable.
Sam's suggestion for Summit is most likely the source I'd use. I'd call and get the tech desk and use that info to get the "good stuff".

Guys, you will never believe this. I found one Texas and ordered it today. An hour later my parts guy calls and there has been one sitting at my local GMC dealer the entire time. So now I have two lol