Stupid car show comments part 2

I was greeted by a thug who actually got off his front stoop to walk out in traffic and offer me $600 for my Monte Carlo. :eek:

I also watched as two gas station attendants almost got into a fist fight over my car. That was after one told me I should have left the lightning rod shifters in and the other wanted to know if I still had a turbo on the transmission. They then got into an argument that the orginal GN's came with twin turbos and the twin turbo V8's were the GNX's. After they calmed down they both gave me a disapproving look because I made it slower by getting rid of one of the turbos.

When I first bought my latest GN I was still with a leech of a woman. Anyways, I take it to her brother inlaws place because he is a "car guy". His brother is over there as well. When he comes out he knew what it was and smiled but his brother came running out giving me all kinds of advice like I should chrome the headlight bezels, grille, and bumpers, and I should get some different rims for it. That would really set it off he says, I just replied with "If I wanted all that chrome I would have just bought a turbo T" He says "A what?".

I was greeted by a thug who actually got off his front stoop to walk out in traffic and offer me $600 for my Monte Carlo. :eek:

I also watched as two gas station attendants almost got into a fist fight over my car. That was after one told me I should have left the lightning rod shifters in and the other wanted to know if I still had a turbo on the transmission. They then got into an argument that the orginal GN's came with twin turbos and the twin turbo V8's were the GNX's. After they calmed down they both gave me a disapproving look because I made it slower by getting rid of one of the turbos.

When I first bought my latest GN I was still with a leech of a woman. Anyways, I take it to her brother inlaws place because he is a "car guy". His brother is over there as well. When he comes out he knew what it was and smiled but his brother came running out giving me all kinds of advice like I should chrome the headlight bezels, grille, and bumpers, and I should get some different rims for it. That would really set it off he says, I just replied with "If I wanted all that chrome I would have just bought a turbo T" He says "A what?".

Wheres the chrome on the Turbo-T package?
turbo-T.jpg

Or when they ask "is that a Grand National" and you tell them... No its a T-type and then you get ........wiat for it.............So its not a turbo car then huh? AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek: :eek:

Overheard tonight at the Franklin Park car show:

Two older women (about my age, unfortunately) walking by our row of GN's. One says to the other "I would never let my kids own one of those black cars - they're too dangerous!"

Also heard a couple of Monte Carlo remarks out in the street.

Ignorance is bliss....I guess

Got a good one last night......Does that car have a LS1 engine in it? To beat it all the friggen hood was up.

Not a stupid comment, but I did find a new thing that pisses me off at a car show.

Went to a local cruise in, parked my car and opened the hood. Left to go look at the other cars.

Came back and found black grease marks all over my left fender. :mad:

Apparently some grease monkey decided to lean over my fender to look inside the engine compartment. :mad:

I don't mind people looking, but when you leave grease on the car or scratch the paint it pisses me off. Sure it's not a show car or even show quality paint but still.

Shoot when I look at cars I make a conscious effort NOT to touch someone one else's car. I've had to hound my little nephews to do the same.

I had a guy at the gas station the other day guess 1972 for the year. :eek:

lol...its funny you say that. The first week I had my GN, I had my UPS guy hand me a 2 part zinger...is that the single or twin turbo GSX? I responded by saying "you do realize those cars haven't been made in over 30 yrs" and he said "your cars gotta be what, a 74-75 then??"

I swear, some people should not talk....ever:D

I still love walking up to TR's that I do not know and asking the owner if it's a Monte. After their 10 minute explanation of what the car is, I then tell them I have one. It never gets old:D

I did that to a guy this year in Bowling Green Kevin. lol I pulled into the gas station with the rental car before heading back to Louisville for the NRA show and there was a GN right there from TX. The guy looked beat "tiered". I said that's one nice Mote Carlo Man Damn! This guy from TX "sighed" rolled his eyes and said IT'S NOT A MONTE CARLO F**K!!! I laughed and said I know I have a GN also don't you hate that! He did take to kindly to my sarcasm he just ignored me after that. He probably was arguing with his wife or something just before I pulled up. Bad timing I guess. :rolleyes: :D

Not a stupid comment, but I did find a new thing that pisses me off at a car show.

Went to a local cruise in, parked my car and opened the hood. Left to go look at the other cars.

Apparently some grease monkey decided to lean over my fender to look inside the engine compartment. :mad:

I don't mind people looking, but when you leave grease on the car or scratch the paint it pisses me off. Sure it's not a show car or even show quality paint but still.

Shoot when I look at cars I make a conscious effort NOT to touch someone one else's car. I've had to hound my little nephews to do the same.

That is BS if some one dose that to mine when i get it done i will find them and make them clean the whol car with their toung:p

I love it when people bring their kids to car shows and the kids start touching the car. That's when I snap! :mad:

I came back and found a 1" crack in my header panel over the DS headlight. I think I know who did it but didn't catch them at it.

That is BS if some one dose that to mine when i get it done i will find them and make them clean the whol car with their toung:p

Shoot better yet if I find some guy dirtying up my car I think I'm going to see if he has a wife with him, maybe I'll grease up my hands and put them on her high beams. :eek:

I don't think I'll call any TR I see a "Monte" because I'm sure it really makes the owners mad to hear it.

I just had new neighbors move next door. They brought in a 78 Z-28 that looked pretty nice (stock). So I got s little excited at the prospect of having (car guy) next door.

Well the first conversation we have the guy asks me what I'm planning on doing with my Cutlass :( . He had a friend with him tell him it was a GN, so I think his friend is cool. No, I was wrong on that one too. He lays the "I got a buddy" story on me. His buddy has one that is a stroker and twin turbo and faster and everything else better than mine :rolleyes: whatever!

The guy traded the Z-28 for some kind of 70's looking bike. He keeps working on it every day! He turns screws on the carb then revs the snot out of it over and over every day. I figure the Z-28 is better off wherever it is now!

I don't mind the ignorant ones (where are the other two cylinders?) just the ignorant blowhards (Wanchoo put a three fitty in it?)

I did that to a guy this year in Bowling Green Kevin. lol I pulled into the gas station with the rental car before heading back to Louisville for the NRA show and there was a GN right there from TX. The guy looked beat "tiered". I said that's one nice Mote Carlo Man Damn! This guy from TX "sighed" rolled his eyes and said IT'S NOT A MONTE CARLO F**K!!! I laughed and said I know I have a GN also don't you hate that! He did take to kindly to my sarcasm he just ignored me after that. He probably was arguing with his wife or something just before I pulled up. Bad timing I guess. :rolleyes: :D

HAHA, that's a good one!

I have an uncle who thinks he knows a lot about cars. He still thinks that his '89 305 Z28 would have smacked my car around on the street or strip. I even took him for a ride last fall while the car was still in it's 9.8 second tune. Apparently it's not as fast as his old Z28 LOL

This isn't a comment, but what really pisses me off at car shows, is stuffed animals and goofy **** under the hood, or on the seats.

"Here's my BADASS 500rwhp car, with a ****ing gay stuffed animal propped up on the intake."

Just ruins it.

Your right! What is up with that? I went to a show this past Friday night, and some wierdo had 3 fully dressed, old lady mannequins in his back seat. I saw him leaving later with his wife up front. They looked like they were in their 80's. My son got a laugh out of it, but it was truly bizzarre.....