Stupid car show comments part 2

aminga

Chicks Dig the powerbulge
OK, I went to a forth of july show that was kind of a train wreck but there were some movements.

Someone walked up to me and the car (in the sig below) and ask if it was original, I said yes. And then they asked "Did they make them in any color other than black?"

But better than than that was the KITT replica sitting beside me. Got so tired of asking questions like "is that the real KITT" I started answering them. "Yes it is, it drove itself here". AND THEY BELIEVED ME.

well, that is proof positive that there is a never ending supply of dumb people no matter where you are.

After almost three years of mine not seeing pavement, I took mine out last week. At the gas station I was greeted with the "Wanchoo drop a 350 in that thing" and the "It would go faster with a V8 in it" Then they look at me like a fool when I say I'd rather not slow it down. At least they all knew it was a GN. They just thought the fast ones had 350s in them.

I get the "nice Monte Carlo" when I'm out in the T-type. But what really burns my ass is when people ask me if my Gran Sport is an SS.

I still love walking up to TR's that I do not know and asking the owner if it's a Monte. After their 10 minute explanation of what the car is, I then tell them I have one. It never gets old:D

What really confuses people is the fact that my white T has GN emblems lol.

I hate the "fault finder" type...you know who I am talking about. The moron that walks around the car, then tells you about every scratch and dent that you already know about.

You think the Monte Carlo comments are bad....

My coworker one day asked me how my Grand Prix was doing.:confused: Prior to this he commented on how sweet my Monte Carlo was. Ok, at least a Grand Prix is a gbody right?? Same coworker a couple months later asks me how the Grand AM is running.:mad: WTF, I know some people aren't car folks but damn you'd think he'd remember the right name after I corrected him twice.

There's a guy that has one of those Kitt Cars that goes to some of the local cruises here. It's cute for a few minutes then it starts getting annoying and after a hour you want to go pull the plug on that stupit thing.

Yea, its a Monte Carlo! Is that your daughter... oh sorry HE looked like a little GIRL!!

I hate the "fault finder" type...you know who I am talking about. The moron that walks around the car, then tells you about every scratch and dent that you already know about.
Yeah...It does happen to me once in a while at car shows that some "wise guy" looks at my car and has nothing else to say than making remarks about some little defect he sees here and there instead of saying good comments about the car...:rolleyes: I also don't like the kind of gut that says "this is not original, or the car is not number-match", etc... I always remain polite...but I'm ofter tempted to reply "IF YOU DON'T LIKE MY CAR, THEN WHY DON'T YOU GO SEE ANOTHER ONE AND LEAVE ME ALONE???:mad: ...and "WHO CARES IF NUMBERS DON'T MATCH??...CERTAINLY NOT ME!"...

Claude :redface:

After I tell them its not a Monte Carlo, I get told how my car is not fast because it has a V6. And that the Monte Carlo's motor is the most superior motor GM ever made (because its a chevy, no doubt). Then I ask "so the 305 was the best motor GM made?" Then they realize their mistake.

Had a good one a couple weeks ago at a cruise. Dirtbag 15 year old kid riding a bike around says nice Monte Carlo. Proceeded to tell him to read what it says on the front grille and he says, I can't read.:eek: By the way he looked I would say he was telling the truth.:)

I got the best one yet a few weeks back, actually NEVER heard it before...................................

At a cruise in and a guy asked us...

Is that a Regal SS?

No joke me and my buddy were beside each other me in the GN and he in his WE4 he spit his drink out laughing!

When they tell you that you should throw in a 350 to make it faster, say what I used to say. Sure, throw it in the trunk. I need traction. Everyone within earshot will start laughing at them.

Yeah...It does happen to me once in a while at car shows that some "wise guy" looks at my car and has nothing else to say than making remarks about some little defect he sees here and there instead of saying good comments about the car...:rolleyes:

Then you politely ask them if they walked, rode their bike, or got a ride to the car show.

At the track, the one doing most of the sh!t talking is someone who does not even have a car there or at home. His boys, My mans, My buddies car could smoke ya. BLAH, BLAH, FRICKIN BLAH.:mad:

had the garbageman ask me yesterday if it's a SS. told him no it's a turbocar. he gave me this perplexed look and said they didn't put those in montecarlo's, i said but they did put them in grand nationals. he said this while standing about 3 feet from the rear of the car which is on jack stands and the gn emblem is right in front of him.D'ope, people just don't know much about our cars! they just weren't mass produced and advertised as much as others, and did cost a few bucks more also.they sure wake up and recognize them when they get their doors sucked off, that's for sure

I get the damn GRAND AM comments all the freakin time. Drives me bananas! Also, th twin turbo special order car myth gets thrown out there at least a few different times.

BUT, the one that really cracked me up is this dude at the parts store, who I joke with all the time. He's a Mustang guy. He tells me the other day that he has an old Car Craft that tested the 87 5.0 vs. the 87 GN and the 5.0 is 6 tenths faster quater mile E.T. than the GN! I told him I'd give him my two testicles if he shows me that magazine!

No matter what....the mustang is the fastest car on earth. Especially the ones with the GM 350 crate motor stuffed in'em.