Stupid car show comments part 2

I got a new one today. Not at a show but in my office parking lot. I went out to put something in the car (really just a reason to check on it). A guy stopped and asked if it was the buick "wildcat".

I've gat a new one....

Me standing there with the hood open:

Genius: "That things only a six cylinder?!?!"

Me: "Naw. I got the other two plug wires hidden."

All of these reasons are why I don't go to cruise-ins anymore. Waaaaay too many looky-loo idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

If you ever get the chance go to a show with Richard Lassiter of the GSCA.

He reverses the whole procedure.

I laugh so hard I can't breath as he talks to people and builds up their egos about how fast and cool he thinks their car is. They just eat it up and begin really embelishing how fast they think their car is.

It never fails.

The more he strokes their ego, the more they lay out the horse poopy, the more he strokes their ego, the deeper it gets.......and on and on.

I have to leave and look at the next car for a few seconds till I can compose myself and turn back to them.

I don't know how he figures out who he can pull this on but he is a master at it. All without cracking a smile.

Mikey

I had a beauty just yesterday,

Guy looking under my hood asked why I modified a V6 , I told him My personal goal is to post a 10 ET in street trim.

Guy starts Laughing and says "these are only 2 bolt main 3.8Lt V6s "

I said "yes but it's Built" Billet mains, Arp yada yada....."

He said there is no way this car will ever go that fast with the V6.

In fact, he went as far to say I'm wasting my time, I need more CI to go that fast...

He was getting under my skin.

I hate uninformed Closed minded people....
:eek:

Guy looking under my hood asked why I modified a V6 , I told him My personal goal is to post a 10 ET in street trim.

In fact, he went as far to say I'm wasting my time, I need more CI to go that fast...

sounds like a perfect opportunity to arrange a money wager and let him pay you to educate him about forced induction. :cool:

I haven't heard any stupid comments in a while (probably because my car has been down so much) but I heard one the other day. I'm fixing the lawnmower in the garage, neighbor's kid (about 18) comes over with his buddy who drives a new yellow Charger SRT. they were trying to fix an old ragged-out 4-wheeler and wanted to borrow a couple of tools. his friend says the all-too-common, "cool! my dad's friend has one of these. does this one have the twin-turbos?" :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so I proceed to explain how the factory never offered a twin setup, but a few aftermarket companies have, but they're not very popular....blah, blah, blah...he has a confused look and says, "my friends dad's car is all original." DOH! whatever. :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard the one about 23 GNX's sold to the state of Florida for under cover cars?:rolleyes:

Just heard it for the first time last Saturday at a car cruise.

All of these reasons are why I don't go to cruise-ins anymore. Waaaaay too many looky-loo idiots who don't know what they are talking about.

The only car meets I've been to are Turbo Buick only...so I don't run into those kind of problems.;)

"WHO CARES IF NUMBERS DON'T MATCH??...CERTAINLY NOT ME!"...

Claude :redface:

I agree with ya im still building mine up some parts from an 82 limited and some from an 86 regal and you talk a bit about it and oh there is the ? do the #'s match! It is mine and no its not a turbo v6 but im the one building at so i can do what i want And that my friends is what i tell them :p

I went to one last year and a guy asked what it ran. When I told him 9's...he basically pulled the bs flag on me. I guess he wasn't sold on the V6 running that number because his 502 Chevelle ran high 11's lol. I should have asked for a money race:cool:

I went to one last year and a guy asked what it ran. When I told him 9's...he basically pulled the bs flag on me. I guess he wasn't sold on the V6 running that number because his 502 Chevelle ran high 11's lol. I should have asked for a money race:cool:

I'd love to go to a car show at the track :biggrin:

Line it up Mr. Bigblock

The sit back and listen to the excuses fly....

"I don't have the right fuel". I need my other tires, I don't know where the timing is set, my engine is still fresh, I have the street oil in my rear end, I have a tail light out....

and nothing Irks me more than the Shoulda Woulda Coulda guys....

There is a regular cruise on Sundays and there are at least 4 Tubbed out fully caged cars that have never seen the track. but they should all run 8s :rolleyes:

Okay, I'm done :biggrin:

I still love walking up to TR's that I do not know and asking the owner if it's a Monte. After their 10 minute explanation of what the car is, I then tell them I have one. It never gets old:D

What really confuses people is the fact that my white T has GN emblems lol.

you rabble rowzer!:D lol

I had a guy last Sat at a show ask me if my Gn was a "Darth Vader edition Grand National" :rolleyes:

I had a guy ask me if mine was an 88 or an 88 - 1/2 because the 88 1/2's were the fastest ones. :rolleyes:

Everyone in my small hometown in Indiana thought my brother was dreaming when he was shooting for 10s in his T. They all have big blocks or built small bocks and are running 12s and 11s. Everybody wanted to race him to show him what real power was, my brother finally put down a 10 second pass and then nobody wanted to run him. Now that he's running mid 9s, everybody wants a ride in the car. :biggrin: If you want to scare someone or show them what a powerful car can do, take them for a ride on the street in a mid 9 second car that can pull the front tires on the street. They'll never talk crap about a turbo buick again. :cool:

2 recent ones

"Looks like the car than Denzel Washington drove in Training Day" :rolleyes: (he drove that black monte in the flick)

went to pick up a sub the other day...kid at the counter asks
"Is that a monte or a grand national ?" Tell him its a GN, and he suprisingly replies "cool, thats the one to have"

I find it most depressing when you meet someone who actually owns a grand national and they start telling you stuff that you know is bs....ie the famous twin turbo gnx thing.... At first i'm excited cause I just met a fellow "buick brother" then they ruin by letting me know they're merely an idiot with a nice car.

I never correct anybody anymore.....just to much trouble and they are not going to believe you anyway. Because they used to have one man!.....

Haha. Ive heard the "REGAL SS" one. Got that a couple of years ago from a really bright individual at a stop light.

You know, I dont know what is worse. People calling my GN a Monte......... or now that I drive a WE4 daily......... calling the WE4 a Grand National?:p It NEVER ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:biggrin: