Stock Appearing Class Tire Poll (One more try)

What kind of tire should be allowed in this class?

• Up to a 275/60-15 drag radial.

Votes: 41 80.4%
  • Up to a 28x9-in slick.

Votes: 10 19.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BillyRValentine

Capricorn
What kind of tire should be allowed?

Jim C. - GSCA Race Director

Sorry bout the last one, forgot to hit the "poll" button. Thanks.

I'd vote for the slicks. Simply because even NHRA and I think IHRA allow slicks in their stock classes. Unless that's changed lately.

As long as they are black and round they should be allowed but I'm open to any color.

ks:cool:

I voted drag radials. I prefer 28 x 9 slicks but there are enough racy type car classes out there. Let's see what these cars can do with true stock parts. :)

Why go to a race and can't use slicks:confused: :confused: unless the class is designated for something else.:rolleyes:

I'd say let the slicks in. Throw the slicks in the trunk, drive to the track, swap the tires, race and bolt the street tires back on a drive home.:biggrin: :biggrin:

Let the slicks in.

Another thing to remember, if street tires are allowed only, the track gets beaten up. Another thing, repeated burnouts in the water box with street tires bring water up to the starting line.

I say let slicks and/or drag radials in.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I think both should be allowed. But I don't see why only a 9" slick?? I think the majority of people use a 28x10.5.

Both styles should be fine and if you stick with only the stock rims any size would work as they are only like 7" wide ( unless the Bweavy rims are allowed ).

I still think this new class should be more stock with maybe a few bolt ons. Tires should be a true / real radial tire. No drag radials or slicks. A 12 second class on real radial tires would be cool. If you allow too many modifications you are just duplicating Turbo Street Stock to a lesser extent. If people want a bunch of mods they should just step up to TSS. Let's make a new class not another duplicate.

Craig

Drag Radials ALL THE WAY!!!!! I would say at least give the option. I feel my car hooks about as well on them as slicks and it drives SO much better on the big end!

DR only...It is a street class and slicks are not DOT certified.

Street class run street tires. Race class run race tires.

Jason

This is not a "street" class. It's a "race" class b/c everyone is there to race..:)

ks

This is not a "street" class. It's a "race" class b/c everyone is there to race..:)

ks

Yes, but the point of the class is to have a good running close to stock street car. Who drives around on slicks?

It really doesn't bother me either way I just put in my $0.02

Jason

It really doesn't bother me either way I just put in my $0.02

Jason

Please continue to do so as we really need the racers input on this so that it is the best it can be. So far it looks as if it will be a drag radial class as right now the votes are 4 to 1 in favor of drag radials yet I like the idea of slicks!!! :eek: If that isn't listening to the racers input then I don't know what is. :D

Jim C. - GSCA Race Director