Steering lock lever VS mid plate

Larry

Maybe this should be posted elsewhere - if so I can move it. Im ready to fire this thing up and realize the bar or linkage that attaches within the steering column and runs to the transmission ( along the firewall ) linkage interfears with the midplate. If I cut the midplate - I will loose considerable intregrity on the drivers side. If I illiminate this bar - at which position should I leave the lever in the steering column and how would I secure it from moving? Thanks Larry :confused:

I used a tie strap. You could get fancy and make a billet bracket to hold it up. or cut off the end of the lever and weld it to the housing. I like the easy and cheap method.

DR

Originally posted by turbodave231
I used a tie strap. You could get fancy and make a billet bracket to hold it up. or cut off the end of the lever and weld it to the housing. I like the easy and cheap method.

DR
What position did you retain it to-- the park Position? Thanks - things like this help me alot. Larry

you have to do it in park if you want the car to start and still be able to pull the key out